PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Racquets

AceServer
05-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Hello,

I have only one decent racquet, which is the LM Radical MP.
I am looking to get 2 new racquets, the MG Radical MP and Aerogel 500 Tour.
I need these racquets for HS teams.My mother thinks it is a waste of money, and no matter how much I tell her I need these, she still has her opinion. What would be a way to fix her opinion?

Thanks in advance.

BRIANWILSON38
05-18-2011, 03:46 PM
The question is how often do you break strings??
If your not a string breaker then you may not necessarily need a back up racquet and only one racquet will do.

If you do break strings quite often then a back up racquet is necessary. I had only one racquet most of my hs tennis days and it was miserable. I was constantly driving to get it strung and cost me way too much money. With a second racquet this would have easily been avoided.

AceServer
05-18-2011, 03:50 PM
I use pre-strung strings and they haven't broken.
I haven't even played competitionally yet, just hitting with a friend occasionally.
I am going to buy a stringer to string my own racquets, will this be a con?

goran_ace
05-18-2011, 03:53 PM
My mother thinks it is a waste of money, and no matter how much I tell her I need these, she still has her opinion. What would be a way to fix her opinion?

Get a job to pay for your rackets and stringing. Her opinion is always going to be her opinion, but if you save up your own hard-earned money to pay for it she's gotta at least respect that a little (and you can always tell her there are much worse things out there that you could have spent that money on!).

BRIANWILSON38
05-18-2011, 03:56 PM
It could be. It all just depends. If you begin to develop topspin and start hitting more often a second racquet will help. Also, if you are serious about the game, then you should get a second racquet. However, the convincing of that will be tougher.

AceServer
05-18-2011, 03:58 PM
I buy these with my own money, she just refuses to buy them online for me.

Keifers
05-18-2011, 04:56 PM
Hello,

I need these racquets for HS teams.My mother thinks it is a waste of money, and no matter how much I tell her I need these, she still has her opinion. What would be a way to fix her opinion?

Thanks in advance.

I'm thinking it might be a little early in your tennis "career" to be buying a whole lot of equipment, especially as you've yet to start playing competitively.

I would say focus your attention (and your money) on improving your game. Really work on the fundamentals of playing well (footwork, strokes, court positioning and strategy). You'll like the results -- and hopefully you're mom will too, and she'll be much more willing you help you make your purchases.

Sorry if this is not the advice you were looking for. Guys like equipment -- it's a guy thing! :) But at this stage, your best strategy is to make your game really, really good.

Good luck. Let us know how you go.

prjacobs
05-18-2011, 05:50 PM
I have an MG Radical tour and a 4D 500 tour. They are completely different frames. The 4D 500 tour is much more powerful...
Now, in terms of changing you mother's mind... You're on your own :) . Hey, do some good stuff around the house and see what happens.

magnut
05-18-2011, 05:55 PM
buy used racquets. The older ones are better anyways.

Buy a stringer.....then a hopper and balls....then a ball machine.

Oh and shoes....lots of shoes.

First get a job though. Seriouslly ....Its really good for your game.

flashfire276
05-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Hello,

Thanks in advance.

1. Buy it with your own money. Not only can't she stop you (I'm assuming), but it shows her how much you really need it, and you have independence. I'm a high school sophomore, and bought every since racquet of mine with my own money, no help at all.

2. Get used racquets. Saves much more money. You can get 2 or 3 racquets for a price of 1 new racquet.

Cup8489
05-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Just get a second lm radical, forget the stringer and the Dunlop.. Just unnecessary spending.! Get lessons as well

Djlpenguin
05-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Hello,

Thanks in advance.

you should play more and see if you really like these racquets first. wasting money is not a good idea. Also, your not competitive yet, you're not going to break a string. Man, I wish I had money to blow like you...

eidolonshinobi
05-18-2011, 08:12 PM
If you're old enough, the best way to solve this is to get a job.
:)

mhj202
05-18-2011, 08:17 PM
What would be a way to fix her opinion?

Have you ever broken a string? When you break for your first string you can show her why you would need a second racket.

Mick
05-18-2011, 08:25 PM

how about asking one of your uncles to do this.