PDA

View Full Version : Nblade kblade or blx blade?

Shaochieh
05-18-2011, 09:20 PM
I hit with only blx blade and I like it all right. The store I go to have all three in stock nblade, kblade, blx blade. No demo for the others. I heard the nblade was a softer racket of them but which one have the most power and control?

flashfire276
05-18-2011, 09:31 PM
Yes, the nBlade is the softest feeling racquet out of the line. Probably the softest racquet in its class. A lighter-weighed player's frame. Which results in more control.
The K Blade is stiffer, much more solid feel. Which results in more power.
Haven't played with the BLX Blade. However, I do hear its a bit muted and underpowered.

mpournaras
05-18-2011, 11:34 PM
EVEN IF YOU DO NOT END UP WANTING THE nBLADE... BUY IT... AND SIT ON IT UNTIL IT BECOMES THE NEW PS85!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Or buy it for me :p

Automatix
05-19-2011, 02:07 AM
I hit with only blx blade and I like it all right. The store I go to have all three in stock nblade, kblade, blx blade. No demo for the others. I heard the nblade was a softer racket of them but which one have the most power and control? Where are you located? New nBlades? Midplus nBlades?

Shaochieh
05-19-2011, 04:59 AM
Where are you located? New nBlades? Midplus nBlades?

Germany, my landlord have a shop and he had two new ones. He just sold one this past week for 170 dollars.

Socoti
05-19-2011, 09:04 AM
Go with the kBlade. IMHO, the best of those three. KFactor was Wilson's best line and the kBlade 98 and kBlade Tour were some of their best/most used on the pro tours.

dr325i
05-19-2011, 10:00 AM
Go with the kBlade. IMHO, the best of those three. KFactor was Wilson's best line and the kBlade 98 and kBlade Tour were some of their best/most used on the pro tours.

who used the retail KB98?

flashfire276
05-19-2011, 10:26 AM

Yep! What about it?

Funbun
05-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Yep! What about it?

He meant who used the KB98 on the tour. Nobody does, as far as I know. Probably one of the lower ranked pros.

Regardless, how does it play? I'm considering to get it, since I've heard it's a bit more solid and stiffer. I'm departing from the K Pro Tour eventually; it was just too soft. I need something solid and directionally strong. I felt that the K Pro Tour was just too clumsy.

I haven't played with a lighter weight, thinner-beamed racquet. Hopefully the K Blade 98 would be a good fit. I need a racquet that allows me to play a defensive game, but kill points with directional control, too.

Cengusiento
05-20-2011, 02:11 AM
I've played with nblade for 3 years, kblade for 8-9 months and BLX blade for 3 months.

nBlade is by far the best out of three.

Kblade has more power , but nothing more: less stability, less touch, less control.

BLX blade has more power and more stability, but its maneuverability suffer a lot, very hard to swing out quickly.

nBlade is the winner for its unique mix of control, feel, confort and, surprisingly, access to spin.

Shaochieh
05-20-2011, 04:29 AM
I've played with nblade for 3 years, kblade for 8-9 months and BLX blade for 3 months.

nBlade is by far the best out of three.

Kblade has more power , but nothing more: less stability, less touch, less control.

BLX blade has more power and more stability, but its maneuverability suffer a lot, very hard to swing out quickly.

nBlade is the winner for its unique mix of control, feel, confort and, surprisingly, access to spin.

I am a bit surprise for a racket with the same specification can have such different playing character. Maneuverability is really important for me but I only can get my hands on one stick and not two nblade. I might go with BLX.

sixone90
05-20-2011, 04:50 AM

Milos Raonic

stronzzi70
05-20-2011, 08:15 AM
Blx blade 98 for sure=
Better flex, nice pace, if you can handle 335 SW you got it.
K blade was very stiff for my taste.

dr325i
05-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Milos Raonic

OK, anyone else?

I replied to the comment: "KFactor was Wilson's best line and the kBlade 98 and kBlade Tour were some of their best/most used on the pro tours."

BTW, I found that the KB98 was the worst of the Blade series sticks...

Shaochieh
05-20-2011, 02:34 PM
I got both blx blade and nblade for testing. It is amazing how headlight nblade is compares to blx blade. How much weight difference between poly string vs multi? Can different string make that much weight differences between the two rackets?

Pure Babs
05-20-2011, 07:49 PM
I don't know how Wilson went from the nblade to the kblade and now blx blade... The nblade was a soft, flexy stick with tons of feel and maneuverability. The kb98 and blx98 both have nothing in the feel department compared to the nblade. Can you tell I'd choose the nblade?

Meriko
05-21-2011, 03:04 AM
My old nBlade is collecting dust thanks to my shiny new YT Prestige haha. Some day i might experiment with lead and restring it.

Shaochieh
05-22-2011, 04:08 AM
Well I have two blx blade coming and going to string it with same string and tension to test them. Not back stick just not able to adjust to them yet the balls flies on me a little bit. Coming from 6.1 team racket and the team have better controller.

tennisexecutor
05-22-2011, 06:31 AM
i have playtested all 3 versions extensively and found that my preference goes to the kblade, bblade, and finally the nblade, in that exact order.

for me, the kblade had the best feel which equated to a massive amount of control that is paramount to my game. i knew exactly where the ball would land just from the feedback it gave me. the nblade in comparison was bland in its response on impact. in the end i just couldn't jive with the feel. not because of the "low flex" because there are "flexy" frames that i absolutely love but perhaps because of HOW it flexed that proved to be inconsistent for me. somewhere in the middle there is the bblade which is more difficult to get around than the other two yet still playable for me, unlike the nblade. if the so called stiff frames bother you then consider this bblade. it feels closer to the kblade with a damper on it that takes away the crisper feedback.

Funbun
05-23-2011, 06:16 PM
While I'm going a tad off topic, but does anybody here know the weight of the [K]ontrol grip that comes with the racquet? I've been thinking about possible replacing it with a leather grip, but I want to do some guess-customization work before I do so.

WilsonPlayer101
02-11-2012, 10:35 AM
For those of you who like the nblade, what tension do you ideally string this racquet at? Just bought one and loving it but one day will need to restring. It's great the way it is but bought it used so don't know what the strings are at right now. Thanks much.

Tim
02-11-2012, 11:27 AM
I string mine at 58 lbs withTechnifibre X1 Biphase or Babolat Addiction both 17 guage.

Recoveringhobo
02-11-2012, 11:51 AM
OK, anyone else?

I replied to the comment: "KFactor was Wilson's best line and the kBlade 98 and kBlade Tour were some of their best/most used on the pro tours."

BTW, I found that the KB98 was the worst of the Blade series sticks...

Didn't Tsonga and Djokovic both use the K-blade? I only remember this because they both made the final in Australia and used the same racquet.

frunk
02-11-2012, 11:53 AM
No they did not.

guedoguedo
07-22-2013, 04:24 PM
Do the blx and newer blade 98 have the same response/experience (on groundstrokes) as the k98? i had the most consistent deep forehand with good spin with the k98. Big sweetspot, and easy to get depth with it. I didnt hit a heavy ball like i did with roddick, but i was automatic. I couldnt miss with it. and it was so easy to hit a pinpoint DTL forehand. just like executor said, i know where my ball was going.

If i try the blx or new blade 98 will it be similar on groundstrokes to the kblade?? does it come off the ball clean and crisp like the k?

robok9
07-22-2013, 05:01 PM
I personally own the Kblade 98 and the Blx Blade 98 and have for about 5 months with the kfactor and about 4 months with the Blx. I know nothing about the nblade, however. Naturally, the Kblade feels more maneuverable due to the balance. I would say that the feel of the Kblade suits me better when considering personal opinion, however the Blx Blade is overall a better racquet. Even though I find the Kblade more enjoyable for my game, I play a little bit better with the Blx Blade. I'm going to add a leather grip and some lead tape to make the balance of my Blx feel more like the Kblade while still having the overall better playing characteristics. I feel like a lot of people would like the Kblade better, but the majority of people would be better off with the Blx Blade.

robok9
07-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Do the blx and newer blade 98 have the same response/experience (on groundstrokes) as the k98? i had the most consistent deep forehand with good spin with the k98. Big sweetspot, and easy to get depth with it. I didnt hit a heavy ball like i did with roddick, but i was automatic. I couldnt miss with it. and it was so easy to hit a pinpoint DTL forehand. just like executor said, i know where my ball was going.

If i try the blx or new blade 98 will it be similar on groundstrokes to the kblade?? does it come off the ball clean and crisp like the k?
From what I've heard, the Blx Blade and the 2013 Blade feel almost identical except for amplifeel which, from what I've heard, is basically a shock dampener in the handle. A select few people say that there are other differences, but I think that it may just be the placebo effect since it looks a little bit cooler and because it's newer. My recommendation is to get the Blx Blade since it's half the price. Either way, people may favor one racquet or the other in stock form, but after personal tweaking, the two racquets will be almost the same.