PDA

View Full Version : what happen to the (k)six one tour?

MPSlol
05-18-2011, 09:54 PM
i can't find the wilson (K) six one tour on the wilson racquet menu...doesn't TennisWarehouse suppose to have that racquet for sell, order?

flashfire276
05-18-2011, 10:04 PM
BLX happened.

MPSlol
05-18-2011, 10:18 PM
BLX happened.

if there was a "like" button i would already clicked it on your comment lol, the reason i ask is because Im about to buy the wilson six one tour but i still don't know if i should go for blx or stay in k factor.
my last raquet was a wilson k six one tour but i lend it to a friend who broke it(i will never give it to anybody now,,,i know im stupid lol) but he gave me the money to buy it again.
i see this new blx one and ive seen many reviews from tenniswarehouse and tennis express racquet. it seems the only difference is that you get more feel on the ball with the blx:). BUT ive also heard the K factor six one tour gives you a more crispy feel and power(which ive experience), instead the blx doesnt have that much power:neutral:.

BUT WHAT DO YOU THINK? BLX OR KFACTOR AND WHY?????:-?
ps: the k is on $130! what a deal!:)

Fed Kennedy
05-18-2011, 10:19 PM
Lower level *******s like myself complained that it was too stiff so they made a new one infused with melted gummi bears and volcano dust which became a best seller.

MPSlol
05-18-2011, 10:28 PM
Lower level *******s like myself complained that it was too stiff so they made a new one infused with melted gummi bears and volcano dust which became a best seller.

i totally agree on the stiffness and stability. so that would be the 20's best reason i have had this past week to leave k and move on to blx. thanks

Mick
05-18-2011, 10:31 PM
take no chance, buy both! :)

Fed Kennedy
05-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Get two matched from TW, the wilson QC are all over the place, one might feel GROAT and the other will feel like a kps88 with a pepperoni pizza on the stringbed.

flashfire276
05-18-2011, 10:42 PM
if there was a "like" button i would already clicked it on your comment lol, the reason i ask is because Im about to buy the wilson six one tour but i still don't know if i should go for blx or stay in k factor.
my last raquet was a wilson k six one tour but i lend it to a friend who broke it(i will never give it to anybody now,,,i know im stupid lol) but he gave me the money to buy it again.
i see this new blx one and ive seen many reviews from tenniswarehouse and tennis express racquet. it seems the only difference is that you get more feel on the ball with the blx:). BUT ive also heard the K factor six one tour gives you a more crispy feel and power(which ive experience), instead the blx doesnt have that much power:neutral:.

Sorry, I was kidding around earlier! But time to get serious!

Anyways, the K Factor model is not an easy find for a new one. You can take your chances by going to a larger chain store, such as Sport Chalet. Last time I checked, they still had a motherload of them left. Great prices too, because they need to get rid of them.
Also, have you thought of getting a used one? Here on the TT Classifieds, you can find a used 6.1 Tour for around $70ish, depending on the condition! Have you that about that?

Now, lets talk about the BLX.
The BLX 6.1 isn't much different than the K Factor. It plays EXACTLY the same. And yes, I mean EXACTLY. It's slightly muted, but you can counter that with a crisp poly or some nice string of your choice. I think it feels a bit stiffer though... not sure why. But the biggest difference is the paintjob. Not that pretty either...
And you're correct, the K Factor does feel more crisp because it has a more pure and raw feel.

alen_david
05-19-2011, 03:13 AM
Get two matched from TW, the wilson QC are all over the place, one might feel GROAT and the other will feel like a kps88 with a pepperoni pizza on the stringbed.

LOL!

10char

bcart1991
05-19-2011, 03:53 AM
Mmmmm, pizza...