PDA

View Full Version : Buttcap too big

dadozen
05-19-2011, 06:14 AM
I recently gave up on leather and started using 3 overgrips on the bare handle( 2 tournagrips and 1 gamma dermagrip, my OG of choice ).

But I noticed that now the buttcap feels much more pronounced while I play, which besides hurting my hand, makes me grip the racquet a little shorter than what I'm used to.

I'm already wrapping the OGs with minimum overlap, so I'm thinking about applying some tape around the buttcap, where it ends, to minimize this effect.

Not sure it will work, but does anyone have another idea?

Thanks!

pheonix6579
05-19-2011, 06:17 AM
I think that a little tape would be the best/easiest option.

Nuke
05-19-2011, 06:18 AM
Since you're wrapping three overgrips, don't wrap the first two over the buttcap, but just start them on the flat section of the handle. Wrap the third OG as usual, including the buttcap, so there's only one layer on the buttcap, but three layers on the rest of the handle.

dadozen
05-19-2011, 06:33 AM
Since you're wrapping three overgrips, don't wrap the first two over the buttcap, but just start them on the flat section of the handle. Wrap the third OG as usual, including the buttcap, so there's only one layer on the buttcap, but three layers on the rest of the handle.

This is genius! Thanks Nuke! I'll definitely try it!

dadozen
05-20-2011, 04:57 AM
Nuke, it worked like a charm! Thanks a lot!

Actually, two overgrips wrapped the way you suggested felt a bit weird, so I just left one of them wrapped like that. The other two( the second tourna and the dermagrip ) installed the normal way. It feels perfect now!

Nuke
05-20-2011, 05:22 AM
:).:).:).:)