PDA

View Full Version : Babolat APD GT Sucks

crash1929
05-19-2011, 05:35 AM
I've tried to be patient with this thing but it just holds me back.

Why did Babolat make the GT so different than the cortex????

The Cortex was perfect. These companies screw with your head.

Now I can't find an F'n cortex 3/8 or 1/4 anywhere..

Bartelby
05-19-2011, 05:37 AM
Wait for the next version. It won't be long.

Ross K
05-19-2011, 05:38 AM

Now I can't find and F'n cortex 3/8 or 1/4 anywhere..

How is it so different IYO?

Boricua
05-19-2011, 06:06 AM

The Cortex has more feel and feels less stiff. Unfortunately, I sold the Cortex and bought the GT without demoing thinking it was superior.

crash1929
05-19-2011, 06:22 AM

When when? Do most other people hate the GT, too?

crash1929
05-19-2011, 06:27 AM

Boricua sums it up exactly.

crash1929
05-19-2011, 06:28 AM
The Cortex has more feel and feels less stiff. Unfortunately, I sold the Cortex and bought the GT without demoing thinking it was superior.

Boricua, I see you share my frustration.

crash1929
05-19-2011, 06:43 AM
what does lee d say about which racquet nadal uses? totally different subject but just though i'd ask.

Hominator
05-19-2011, 06:53 AM

Try the Volkl X8. Similar, but better in every way.

Boricua
05-19-2011, 07:20 AM

This recommendation applied to me also a couple of weeks ago. Dejavu.:)

I ordered two X*. If you decide ro buy, check that youre grip size is available. In my case it was not in stock and Ive had to wait pretty much.

Also, according to recommendations made to me, because of the rectangular grip of Volkl, you should order the grip one size smaller. Some people change the rectangular grip to a round one but Ill try to stick to the stock rectangular grip.

Boricua
05-19-2011, 07:21 AM

I ordered two X*. If you decide ro buy, check that youre grip size is available. In my case it was not in stock and Ive had to wait pretty much.

Also, according to recommendations made to me, because of the rectangular grip of Volkl, you should order the grip one size smaller. Some people change the rectangular grip to a round one but Ill try to stick to the stock rectangular grip.

"I ordered two X8" - typo.

Hominator
05-19-2011, 07:34 AM

Racquets came in early from the factory, FYI. Not sure when TW will get its allotment, though.

Boricua
05-19-2011, 07:51 AM
Racquets came in early from the factory, FYI. Not sure when TW will get its allotment, though.

Oh, that is great news. Ill be in touch with TW. Thank you for the infomation.:)

Hominator
05-19-2011, 08:44 AM
Oh, that is great news. Ill be in touch with TW. Thank you for the infomation.:)

They probably won't know about this, FYI.

TennisandMusic
05-19-2011, 08:51 AM
I like the GT version quite a bit. I think it feels more solid than the cortex version.

Boricua
05-19-2011, 08:56 AM
They probably won't know about this, FYI.

Yeah, I just called and the expected date is the 30th. Hope it gets sooner. Thanks for the iinside infromation, much appreciated.:)

eidolonshinobi
05-19-2011, 09:05 AM

According to flashfire...the next generation of the APD is going to be even stiffer than the GT... 0.o

Boricua
05-19-2011, 09:35 AM
According to flashfire...the next generation of the APD is going to be even stiffer than the GT... 0.o

A racket can be stiff but be constructed with materials and with technology that compensate, so that feel of the racket is arm friendly. In the case of Babolat, I would be surprised if they achieve this.

Ross K
05-19-2011, 11:57 AM

Of course you know what you really want to try... the original black cosmetics APD :cool:... now that's a racket right there - Rafa certainly thinks so!:)

R

Boricua
05-19-2011, 12:00 PM
Of course you know what you really want to try... the original black cosmetics APD :cool:... now that's a racket right there - Rafa certainly thinks so!:)

R

But hard to find I guess, unless youre Rafa.:)

Hominator
05-19-2011, 12:04 PM
Yeah, I just called and the expected date is the 30th. Hope it gets sooner. Thanks for the iinside infromation, much appreciated.:)

Just heard that Volkl is shipping my X8s to me tomorrow. So hopefully TW will get its allotment soon...

Boricua
05-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Volkl is shipping my X8s to me tomorrow!

So, what would this mean in terms of TW getting Volkls and I getting mines?:)

Tell Volkl to send two to me!!!:)

Boricua
05-19-2011, 12:09 PM
Just heard that Volkl is shipping my X8s to me tomorrow. So hopefully TW will get its allotment soon...

Just saw youre entire quote, sorry. I got kind of excited apparently.:)

eliza
05-19-2011, 12:09 PM

I have it, but do not think I can sell it to you......If you really like the cortex I can look around..........

Boricua
05-19-2011, 12:12 PM

I say try the Organix8 but if you want the Cortex and cant find your grip size, buy the Cortex with a different grip and modify it to make it smaller or bigger.

Hominator
05-19-2011, 12:15 PM

Have you looked on that big auction site? There are several - some are even new - all in your grip size...

Ross K
05-19-2011, 12:19 PM
But hard to find I guess, unless youre Rafa.:)

Hard but not impossible to find an Original APD by any means. I see them on fboy, on the F/S section here, etc, every now and then.

R

big bang
05-19-2011, 02:52 PM
Around here you can find new APD and APDC very easy and cheap, nobody wants them.. One of the shops owner tells ppl that its the same frame, just different pj, heard it more than once LOL. He says the same about MGPP and YTPP. A bit scary considering its one of the biggest, if not the biggest shop in the country:shock:

crash1929
05-20-2011, 01:51 PM

Thanks dude!

crash1929
05-20-2011, 01:52 PM

please say it aint so, (pulling hair out)

crash1929
05-20-2011, 01:55 PM

R

I don't know anything about it. I've never tried it. You got me thinking though.

crash1929
05-20-2011, 01:56 PM
I have it, but do not think I can sell it to you......If you really like the cortex I can look around..........

eliza what do you mean?

crash1929
05-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Have you looked on that big auction site? There are several - some are even new - all in your grip size...

for some reason i don't want to use ****. never have wanted to do it. i'm averse to it. not to mention the fakes out there.

quest01
05-20-2011, 03:43 PM
I disagree the APDGT is awesome, the predecessor is pretty good the APDC but the GT is the bomb.

eliza
05-20-2011, 04:06 PM
eliza what do you mean?

Meaning if I see one on sale for you..........But I heard others saying the same thing, saying the Cortex is better. Lucky to have one.
I would not go on that web-site, lots of fakes...........

grimmbomb21
05-21-2011, 08:40 AM
I am of the same opinion as the op regarding the GT. I sold my two apdc frames a while back and regretted it. But just recently a guy came into my local shop and wanted $100 for two in good condition. Snagged em!:)

crash1929
05-23-2011, 10:49 AM
yes! purchased a apdc in almost new condition! life is good. i love to volley with it. the spin is sick. no weaknesses to this racquet. as close to the holy grail as you can get.

Jonnykobles
05-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Im surprised you felt this way.

I play with the APD (no cortex) and love it, but I thought that the GT had a very crisp, clean sound to it, so i purchased one as a back up.

The APDC is my least favorite; (but even at that it is a great racquet)

crash1929
05-25-2011, 01:42 PM
I lost my first set out of about 20 playing with the apdc. Had to happen. I can say the racquet helped me. I was taken down due to poor strategy and my opponent played very very well.

Love my cortex.