PDA

View Full Version : Vantage Shipping Costs??

luishcorreia
05-19-2011, 08:21 AM
Has you may have noticed, Vantage Tennis, moved their operation from the UK, exclussively to the US.

As a result, the shipping costs to Europe are now.... almost incredible.

Example: I tried to order 2 racquet grommets, taht cost someting like 11$US. The shipping costs for that is something like 51$US.

That is unreal! The shipping options is only via FedEx!

I order strings and other small stuff from tennis warehouse US and the shippings costs are way lower, using world mail!

How are the shippings costs for the US? Anyone else is having this problem?

Paul, could you help us on this? I'm a loyal costumer (bought 5 racquets already) and would like to buy a bag.. but the shipping costs are higher than the value of the product (e.g. bag).

I love vantage products .. but with these shipping costs, buying from Europe is going to be impossible.

luishcorreia
05-21-2011, 02:21 PM
no one buys online from vantage?

-Bobo-
05-21-2011, 05:47 PM
Yeah i was going to order a BC20 but the shipping was 70 bucks, screw that. Shipping from the UK to australia is pretty cheap so i don't see why it would be so much more from the US, either the transport companies are overcharging businesses or the businesses are overcharging people who order from overseas.

canadad
05-21-2011, 06:34 PM
I love vantage products .. but with these shipping costs, buying from Europe is going to be impossible.

Have you shared this with Vantage? I would be curious as to their reaction to your complaints. Any self respecting company should be out to please all customers, even from across the Atlantic.

That is a shame.

martin
05-21-2011, 11:34 PM
I still order from vantage UK and i live in Europe. No problem. You probably used the wrong webpage of vantage.
Here is the link where you can order without shipping costs

http://www.vantagetennis.co.uk/root/

pepka
05-21-2011, 11:35 PM
You can get some stuff (bags, grips, BC frames) from their UK site.

Automatix
05-21-2011, 11:44 PM
Yep, shipping rates are scarce.

You have to understand Vantage though. Since most of their custom frames were bought by people from the USA it was wise to move their location.

martin
05-22-2011, 12:06 AM
Yep, shipping rates are scarce.

You have to understand Vantage though. Since most of their custom frames were bought by people from the USA it was wise to move their location.

Nonsense. You should order through the UK site(Link is in my last post)
You pay when ordering a bc20 60 dollar shipping costs through the international site and 16 pound shipping costs through the UK site.
It's still the same like always.

Automatix
05-22-2011, 12:21 AM
Nonsense. You should order through the UK site(Link is in my last post)
You pay when ordering a bc20 60 dollar shipping costs through the international site and 16 pound shipping costs through the UK site.
It's still the same like always. IF you're interested in BC frames. The custom frames are only shipped from USA.

martin
05-22-2011, 12:48 AM
IF you're interested in BC frames. The custom frames are only shipped from USA.

The OP is talking about racquet grommets and you can order that from the UK site.
Custom frames is another story.

luishcorreia
05-22-2011, 09:48 AM
I still order from vantage UK and i live in Europe. No problem. You probably used the wrong webpage of vantage.
Here is the link where you can order without shipping costs

http://www.vantagetennis.co.uk/root/

I exchange a few emails with Paul from Vantage. He told me that they where concentrating all their business in the US because the number or forders to Europe was very small.

I dont know if the UK web site works, cause if you go to vantagetennis.co.uk (without /root) you get a page anoncing the upcomming launch of the Bast Core racquets.

In that page you can read :
As part of our continued effort to improve our level of service, all orders will currently be handled by our International office based in Florida USA.
If you have any questions regarding orders already placed with our UK office, please contact us here (paul@vantagetennis.com).

So, I think you wont be getting any orders if you use this web site.

martin
05-22-2011, 09:53 AM
I exchange a few emails with Paul from Vantage. He told me that they where concentrating all their business in the US because the number or forders to Europe was very small.

I dont know if the UK web site works, cause if you go to vantagetennis.co.uk (without /root) you get a page anoncing the upcomming launch of the Bast Core racquets.

In that page you can read :
As part of our continued effort to improve our level of service, all orders will currently be handled by our International office based in Florida USA.
If you have any questions regarding orders already placed with our UK office, please contact us here (paul@vantagetennis.com).

So, I think you wont be getting any orders if you use this web site.

I ordered through this website(with /root) two weeks ago. The order was confirmed and a week later i received my bc20.
No problem...

luishcorreia
05-22-2011, 09:54 AM
Just tried to add a couple of grommets to the UK web site.

I looged in, but in the checkout process, the web site asks me to choose the country. There are only 6 availalble: UK - England and Wales, Scotland Mainland, Highlands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and ireland.

All in the UK.

So...I think we can conclude that this web site is selling just stocked items and the operation is going to continue from the US.

martin
05-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Just tried to add a couple of grommets to the UK web site.

I looged in, but in the checkout process, the web site asks me to choose the country. There are only 6 availalble: UK - England and Wales, Scotland Mainland, Highlands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and ireland.

All in the UK.

So...I think we can conclude that this web site is selling just stocked items and the operation is going to continue from the US.

I ordered the vantage bastcore with my already registered account which is probably the reason i had no problems.
You're right that if you are a new customer it is not possible to order outside the UK.

Racketdesign
05-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Hello. Maybe I can clear up some of the confusion. All custom racquets are now being assembled and shipped from the us. Uk customers can still order our bast core frames and accessories from the uk website but European orders will soon all be handled by the us office. We a working hard with fedex to achieve sone sensible shipping rates to europe and these should be active very shortly. Unfortunately, it will always be expensive to ship some of our products like luggage internationally. We have subsidised the shipping of these items for some time and regret that long term this is not viable.

luishcorreia
05-22-2011, 01:47 PM
I ordered the vantage bastcore with my already registered account which is probably the reason i had no problems.
You're right that if you are a new customer it is not possible to order outside the UK.

I'm not a new costumer. My used id has 3 years.

anyway, Paul just cleared all up. Thanks Paul. I look forward to the changes.

Thanks again!