PDA

View Full Version : Power: kps88 or prestige pro

Cup8489
05-19-2011, 04:38 PM
Which of these frames is more powerful? I currently use the kps88 but find i could use a little more string bed... I did own a prestige pro but sadly never got to hit with it... So could some of u weigh in on these two frames?

Fed Kennedy
05-19-2011, 04:51 PM
Are you serious? This is like John Cena vs Woody Allen in an arm wrestling match.

gramdacious
05-20-2011, 06:46 AM
Are you serious? This is like John Cena vs Woody Allen in an arm wrestling match.

lol, I have both and yes they are both powered pretty low. The Prestige Pro is a surgical instrument and the kps88 is a solid frame in ALL areas but I would say the kps88 is a little more powerful to me but that could just be the particular way I hit my strokes.

stronzzi70
05-20-2011, 09:12 AM
for sure, K 88 is powerfull .

junk
05-20-2011, 12:59 PM
in my view KPS88 is a very powerful racquet - but it's good controlled power. and it's much more powerful than Prestige Pro

parasailing
05-20-2011, 09:46 PM
Seriously, the KPS 88 is like a sledge hammer and the Prestige Pro is like a rubber mallet :). The KPS 88 is great if you got classic form and can hit line drive bullets at your opponents. The balls come to your opponent so heavy, that it will likely twist their racquet upon impact. A great weapon for those that can wield it for a entire match without getting tired.

martini1
05-20-2011, 10:45 PM
I played w/ both. IMHO the KPS88 can rip some powerful flat drives, BUT it requires a full power swing. May be the Prestige is not as powerful (on the extreme end) at that sense but it is a lot more easier to produce a good pace shot without breaking your arm.

This also depends on your string setting as well. I never string the 88 at high tension.

parasailing
05-20-2011, 10:58 PM
I played w/ both. IMHO the KPS88 can rip some powerful flat drives, BUT it requires a full power swing. May be the Prestige is not as powerful (on the extreme end) at that sense but it is a lot more easier to produce a good pace shot without breaking your arm.

This also depends on your string setting as well. I never string the 88 at high tension.

If you get it with natural gut, it's even more amazing. The added power and control and amazing volleys you get at the net.

martini1
05-21-2011, 12:04 AM
If you get it with natural gut, it's even more amazing. The added power and control and amazing volleys you get at the net.

Yes. I am currently using VS main and BB cross. Nice feel even when the BB is kind of dead.

parasailing
05-21-2011, 08:21 AM
Yes. I am currently using VS main and BB cross. Nice feel even when the BB is kind of dead.

I would suggest going with WC Silverstring as your cross as it lasts longer than BB and heard they play the same. I am not a fan of Luxilon as I didn't feel the magic everyone raves about in addition to the short lifespan of the string.

Funbun
05-21-2011, 08:33 AM
You're comparing Usain Bolt with a professional football player; they're two absolutely different racquets. They're powerful in their own ways. The KPS88 has a lot of torsional stability, while the Prestige is a rather lighter with a bit more whip and heavy spin potential.

Whichever one is more powerful depends on how you play. If you like just flat, stable power, it's obviously the KPS88. If you want more spinny power and a more versatile range of shots to attack your opponents, the Prestige would suit you.

Tennissee
05-22-2011, 08:16 AM
for sure, K 88 is powerfull .

Agreed. I have to use Kevlar on this thing to tame the power. It flies on me too much. I think K88 would be nicer, for my game anyway, if it were more flexible, like 60.