PDA

View Full Version : Positive experience with Eagnas

timeyer
04-24-2004, 06:28 PM
I just got off the phone with them and they were very inormative. I have not yet bought a stringer, but am close.

I am confused with the numerous models they have. It seems like some are great bargains and others are not. The model I'm looking at, flex 740, has 6 point mounting and swivel clamps, all for $239. No one else can come close.

I understand their service isn't the best, but with their machines costing only 50% of traditional brands, I'm willing to deal with a little slowness.

How much maintenance is needed on a stringer? It seems like a sturdy piece of equipment that if all the parts arrive should work for years on end.

thanks!

drop shot
04-24-2004, 07:23 PM
So, how long ya been workin for Eagnas?

Rick Streeter
04-27-2004, 07:33 AM
I have an Eagnas Flex 940. After about 200 frames, one side of the mounting system cracked. When I called Eagnas I was asked if I had dropped it. I called Greg at Alpha because the Maxline web site said that the BLU-DC was a clone of the 940. Greg sent me two of their mounting arms and I have had zero problems. To Maxlines/Eagnas/Victors credit thay did replace the part under warranty so now I have backups if anything ever happens like that again.

Rick Streeter
Flex 940 w/Alpha mounts
Wise Tension Head

Ben42
04-30-2004, 08:34 AM
That's the stringer I bought from them. There was some kind of friction in the tension arm that prevented it from turning freely while tensioning.

Maxline refused to correct it (according to their warranty) and I had to dispute the charge with my credit card company to to get a refund.

I was still out $80 for shipping ($50 for the original shipping and $30 to send the piece of crap back to them)

Good luck to you if you decide to buy it.

bsandy
04-30-2004, 10:21 AM
I have a flex 740. I love it !!!

Wow . . . It looks like two different warranty outcomes (two different attitudes too) . . . no suprises here !!!

. . . Bud