PDA

View Full Version : Which is more reliable, the customer reviews or the message board?

ricardo
05-20-2011, 06:04 AM
When you buy a racket, you post your reviews/comments either on the Customer Reviews section or the TW Message Board section.

Based on your own personal experience, which section is more reliable, the Customer Reviews section or the TW Message Board section?

The reason i am asking is that ALL of my positive reviews about any item that i buy from TW (rackets, strings, headguard, etc) appear on the Customer Reviews section. However, most of the NOT so positive reviews do not show up.

On the other hand, ALL of my reviews/post/comments show up in the Message Board section, whether they are positive or not.

thanks in advance...

cknobman
05-20-2011, 06:48 AM
Ironically a lot of the customer reviews are from regular posters on this board. In fact many of them even post their profile names with their reviews.

So if you disregard the customer reviews that do not mention their profile names then its a wash.

I will say the this board is a better place to get a more in depth review and opinion of a racquet simply because your not limited to space and can post multiple times in a single place about a particular racquet.

TW Staff
05-20-2011, 06:52 AM
When you buy a racket, you post your reviews/comments either on the Customer Reviews section or the TW Message Board section.

Based on your own personal experience, which section is more reliable, the Customer Reviews section or the TW Message Board section?

The reason i am asking is that ALL of my positive reviews about any item that i buy from TW (rackets, strings, headguard, etc) appear on the Customer Reviews section. However, most of the NOT so positive reviews do not show up.

On the other hand, ALL of my reviews/post/comments show up in the Message Board section, whether they are positive or not.

thanks in advance...

To imply we only post positive reviews on our website would be incorrect. It behooves all of us (consumers and Tennis Warehouse) to post all legitimate feedback, postitive as well as negative. It helps us to be able to refer to the feedback of a product to know just how good it is, and if not, how come? FYI, feedback such as "These shoes are great." or "This racquet sucks." would not get posted as we require some reason why the user liked or disliked it. Leave a legitimate feedback, good or bad, and it WILL get posted. (Keep in mind that it can take up to a couple of weeks to post once submitted).

Spencer, TW.

-Bobo-
05-20-2011, 06:59 AM
To imply we only post positive reviews on our website would be incorrect. It behooves all of us (consumers and Tennis Warehouse) to post all legitimate feedback, postitive as well as negative. It helps us to be able to refer to the feedback of a product to know just how good it is, and if not, how come? FYI, feedback such as "These shoes are great." or "This racquet sucks." would not get posted as we require some reason why the user liked or disliked it. Leave a legitimate feedback, good or bad, and it WILL get posted. (Keep in mind that it can take up to a couple of weeks to post once submitted).

Spencer, TW.

I would have to agree with Spencer here, if you look through the reviews there are plenty of bad ones and they always go in depth as to why they didn't like it. As mentioned if you just say it sucks or it rocks, which most people do there's no point to posting it. Also people who like a racquet are A) more likely to post a review of it and B) More likely to go in-depth than those who don't thus creating the disproportionate ratio of positive to negative reviews.

The_Question
05-20-2011, 07:00 AM
However, most of the NOT so positive reviews do not show up.

Yeah, that's not true. Just look at Titan strings...tons of negative feedback, I think I'm one of the very few who actual gave a positive feedback.

Anyways, believe half of the customer reviews, half of the message board reviews...

grass_hopper
05-20-2011, 07:13 AM
the review should be the first step on research, demo program is for actual preveiow to buying, just like department store fitting room.

Irvin
05-20-2011, 07:19 AM
Neither when I want a review of a racket I demo the racket and review it for myself. Everyone has a different feel they are looking for in a racket and just becuase I find a racket that feels good to me does not mean you will like it and vice-versa. I have also got strings based on TW user's comments and did not like them and other strings I like get bad reviews.

Irvin

Carolina Racquet
05-20-2011, 07:54 AM
I agree with Irvin in that everybody's opinion is their own. Though I have found some of the feedback valuable in the past.

But to address what provides better feedback I'll go with the boards here at TT. Customer feedback is just 'one and done' with no ability to interact.

The TT boards are great for interactive dialog about the equipment where you can better determine if the equipment looks good 'on paper'. By asking good questions, you can really get more value from any feedback.

As a side note, I've seen negative feedback posted on the TW website. I believe they do an excellent job of posting objective criticism when it's done in an appropriate way. The BEST online tennis retailer for sharing customer feedback IMO.

Mdubb23
05-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Often, I find some of the most valuable feedback to be customer, non-TT-'er based. I feel that certain aspects of frames are overemphasized on the boards (flexy feel, dense string pattern, small head), and very few TTer's are able to admit that a Pure Drive plays better for them than a Prestige Mid. I find customer reviews, generally, to be refreshingly honest and unbiased.

retlod
05-20-2011, 11:55 AM
IBut to address what provides better feedback I'll go with the boards here at TT. Customer feedback is just 'one and done' with no ability to interact.

The TT boards are great for interactive dialog about the equipment where you can better determine if the equipment looks good 'on paper'. By asking good questions, you can really get more value from any feedback.

^^^ The Force is strong with this one.

georgerou
05-20-2011, 12:06 PM
I would have to agree with Spencer here, if you look through the reviews there are plenty of bad ones and they always go in depth as to why they didn't like it. As mentioned if you just say it sucks or it rocks, which most people do there's no point to posting it. Also people who like a racquet are A) more likely to post a review of it and B) More likely to go in-depth than those who don't thus creating the disproportionate ratio of positive to negative reviews.

Agreed. While looking at shoes and other items in the TW feedback, I found just as many negative comments as positive ones. Some of the negative ones seemed ridiculous I will have to say as some seemed to blame the shoes for their ****** play and i really doubt the shoes had anything to do with that.

Boricua
05-20-2011, 12:32 PM
Both, but they are very subjective depending on each persons needs and preferences.

I may like a Porsche because its fast and furious but my wife will say the kids dont fit inside. So, its all subjective.:)

Keifers
05-20-2011, 04:43 PM

Spencer, TW.
This is one of the reasons (there are many others) I think of TW as one of the best online businesses around. Clearly, they're in business to retail products and services, but they also do many things that make the site a valuable resource for tennis players around the world.

To the OP's question, I've found great information from both sources.

eidolonshinobi
05-20-2011, 05:03 PM
I may like a Porsche because its fast and furious but my wife will say the kids dont fit inside. So, its all subjective.:)

Those sound like objective reasons to me lol.

@OP Both TW review and the TT are great resources, I've found them to really help me narrow what racquets I wanted and what would fit better for my game. The next step is demo. Because ultimately YOU have to make the decision.

fuzz nation
05-21-2011, 04:30 AM
The only reviews that are useful for me are ones that draw comparisons between that racquet and some other gear that I'm familiar with. Otherwise I don't really get any context or perspective when someone has a great experience or describes some drawbacks.

These boards are great because we can interact with each other. I think that makes for a night-and-day advantage over the customer reviews, but those seem to be useful when someone takes the time to include their racquet history and include lots of info in their remarks on the frame in question. I've certainly read a few reviews where the writers explained why certain racquets didn't work well for them.

tata
05-21-2011, 04:53 AM
You can do all the research you want but i guess it all comes down to a demo. You might just be the exception to the rule.