PDA

View Full Version : Customization-extend handle

Tennis Truth
05-20-2011, 09:01 AM
Which companies offer handle extension services? I want to extend the racquet length by 1/2 inch on a few racquets. Also, what should this typically cost? Anyone near Chicago that does this?

Thanks,

flashfire276
05-20-2011, 09:18 AM
First, I'm gonna say that this is going to be very costly. You're looking around $150 to customize the handle. Might as well buy a new racquet with that money.
Anyways, I heard that P1 (Priority One) can do it.

scotus
05-20-2011, 09:21 AM
RPNY for around $110 a stick.

goran_ace
05-20-2011, 09:22 AM
There are some DIY methods that are actually pretty easy. Do a search on the boards.

Tennis Truth
05-20-2011, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the comments. Unfortunately, there do not seem to be very many 27 1/2 inch sticks these days. Babolat probably has the most.

struggle
05-20-2011, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the comments. Unfortunately, there do not seem to be very many 27 1/2 inch sticks these days. Babolat probably has the most.

I've got three Speedport Black LB (27.5 inches) with your name all over them.
(for the price of two mods).

Ten_nuts
05-20-2011, 10:58 AM
To me, one of the bests is the Gamma 300X Tour racquet. This stick is awesome for me but sadly it's only 26.75". I wanted to do it by adding some wood at the end of handle to make it 27" but i am a little busy and too lazy. But sending it out to have it done for 110 or 150, i will have to think about it because we, tennis players, usually have to have 2 or 3 or 4 same racquets in our bags. I would like to have 3 in my bag, so sending 3 out to have it done, it's gonna be 330 or 450? Nahhhhhhhhh.

Irvin
05-20-2011, 11:19 AM
If you have head rackets (or similar with pallet replacements) just shift the pallets down 1/2" and you should be good to go.

Irvin

rich s
05-20-2011, 11:31 AM
If you have head rackets (or similar with pallet replacements) just shift the pallets down 1/2" and you should be good to go.

Irvin

I've tried this before...I didn't have good luck with it.... the pallets eventually cracked because they were unsupported....

wao
05-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Which companies offer handle extension services? I want to extend the racquet length by 1/2 inch on a few racquets. Also, what should this typically cost? Anyone near Chicago that does this?

Thanks,RPNY has done mine in the past and the cost was as Scotus mentioned. They did an outstanding job. I also believe P1 in Fla. also does this but have had no experience with them.

Tennis Truth
05-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Yes, I have looked into DIY methods, but I would want it to hold up well. Head pallets are pretty light and flimsy, so I could see them breaking if unsupported. The way I hold the racquet, I think there is strong torque at the very bottom, and some DIY methods would probably make the racquet feel different, or more flexible, or whatever.

I think the only sure way I would want to do this is to get the handles remolded.

scotus
05-20-2011, 12:01 PM
Yes, I have looked into DIY methods, but I would want it to hold up well. Head pallets are pretty light and flimsy, so I could see them breaking if unsupported. The way I hold the racquet, I think there is strong torque at the very bottom, and some DIY methods would probably make the racquet feel different, or more flexible, or whatever.

I think the only sure way I would want to do this is to get the handles remolded.

After you lower the pallets, you need to put some spacers in between.

goran_ace
05-20-2011, 01:55 PM
try this DIY method.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=4311772

Irvin
05-20-2011, 02:12 PM
After you lower the pallets, you need to put some spacers in between.

try this DIY method.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=4311772

That's how I would do it so they would not break. Also you could step the racket down 1 size and put a heat shrink tube on the pallet to add more support and weight in the handle to counter balance the extra head weight. You better be sure this is what you want though. Most of the longer rackets are lighter so the swing weight it not too high. If you lengthen a racket by 1/2" the swing weight is going to go way up.

Irvin