PDA

View Full Version : Youtek Radical vs. Microgel Radical???

WilsonPlayer101
05-20-2011, 10:33 AM
I did try to do a search but my search on the subject was unsuccessful. Can someone tell me that the Youtek version is much better than the MG version and why? Specs are similar except I think the MG is 2 greater in the flex rating. Then you add the YouTek technology. I don't think 2 greater in flex will amount to much, maybe but not much. I think the only sig difference is the YouTek technology vs. MG technology.

Thanks

gamerx52986
05-20-2011, 10:43 AM
I currently play with the Youtek Radical but also have a Microgel in my bag. The Microgel has a flex of 57 whilst the Youtek is 59. I honestly can switch between both and not notice a major difference. The Microgel has a somewhat rounded head shape in my opinion. I serve better with the Youtek I noticed. I also prefer the Youtek paintjob.

WilsonPlayer101
05-20-2011, 10:49 AM
I currently play with the Youtek Radical but also have a Microgel in my bag. The Microgel has a flex of 57 whilst the Youtek is 59. I honestly can switch between both and not notice a major difference. The Microgel has a somewhat rounded head shape in my opinion. I serve better with the Youtek I noticed. I also prefer the Youtek paintjob.

Thanks for the info. I never demoed or tried the Youtek version but I have demoed the Youtek Prestige MP and liked it. 6 flex points higher, i.e, stiffer than the MG Rad so it's stiffer. I like it but I wonder if the Youtek Rad would be a good switch too but if it's so close to the MG version then maybe the YouTek Prestige would be a better one to jump to. It's more stiff but it's not arm sore stiff either. Good power and not hard on the arm. I supply my own power and the Rad can be fine but I don't mind a bit more power in the racquet which would be the Prestige. Thanks.

WilsonPlayer101
05-20-2011, 11:50 AM
By the way gamerx, did you modify your Microgel or Youtek Radicals in anyway, if so, how?

gamerx52986
05-20-2011, 11:58 AM
By the way gamerx, did you modify your Microgel or Youtek Radicals in anyway, if so, how?

Hello...nope I pretty much play them in stock form. Volkl Cyclone 18g full set @55lbs then Wilson pro overgrip and ying-Yang dampener. Also Babolat head protection tape as I've just always used it on my frames. I'm considering experimenting with lead tape but I'm coming off one of my best seasons in league play just by the switch to the cyclone string.

WilsonPlayer101
05-20-2011, 01:36 PM
gamerx, the only thing I have done was add some lead tape. Added some to the handle and the head but when I got my racquet strung the stringer did not put the tape back on the head so I don't have tape on it. Right now with lead in the handle added it is 11.5 oz. I plan to put some tape back on the head. Maybe .4 oz or something. I don't want to make it too heavy but add a little more for some added mass for better plow through maybe.

I don't know what the balance is now or will be since I added tape but so far it's fine.