PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Rackets

tennis_balla
05-20-2011, 11:42 AM
Anyone know where these are made? I'm guessing China just like every other manufacturer besides Yonex. Just found out about the Pro 90 Vacuum, that was a racket and a half back in the day. Can't believe they brought it back again.

0d1n
05-20-2011, 12:17 PM
China. And yes...the racquet was great...I have one of the original Fischers. Tough to consistently hit on clay though...but the greatest, sweetest feel I've ever experienced in a tennis racquet.

volleygirl
05-20-2011, 12:22 PM
Are Tecnifibre and Volki made in CHina also?

caugas
05-20-2011, 12:22 PM
Anyone know where these are made? I'm guessing China just like every other manufacturer besides Yonex. Just found out about the Pro 90 Vacuum, that was a racket and a half back in the day. Can't believe they brought it back again.

I don't know where mine was made, but I like my PAC 98 x pro. I also like my FSCH m speed pro too.

Keifers
05-20-2011, 12:31 PM
China. And yes...the racquet was great...I have one of the original Fischers. Tough to consistently hit on clay though...but the greatest, sweetest feel I've ever experienced in a tennis racquet.
0d1n,

I'm curious... what strings and tensions have you liked in your Fischer Vac 90/Mid? And did you string the mains and crosses at the same tension or different?

Thanks.

0d1n
05-20-2011, 01:05 PM
0d1n,

I'm curious... what strings and tensions have you liked in your Fischer Vac 90/Mid? And did you string the mains and crosses at the same tension or different?

Thanks.

It played great with anything (never put poly in there though...it just seemed..."wrong"). I currently have some Wilson Synthetic gut extreme (I think that's the name) in there.
I strung the crosses lower, and generally kept tension pretty low...it also has a very narrow recommended tension range.

Edit. To get more specific I've strung it with various synthetics and somewhere in between 21-23 kg's ...usually with the crosses strung 1 kilo lower. NOT what you would call a "modern racquet" but still great ;).

Keifers
05-20-2011, 05:34 PM
It played great with anything (never put poly in there though...it just seemed..."wrong"). I currently have some Wilson Synthetic gut extreme (I think that's the name) in there.
I strung the crosses lower, and generally kept tension pretty low...it also has a very narrow recommended tension range.

Edit. To get more specific I've strung it with various synthetics and somewhere in between 21-23 kg's ...usually with the crosses strung 1 kilo lower. NOT what you would call a "modern racquet" but still great ;).
Many thanks. Yeah, poly would seem "wrong" in this frame to me, too.

I just dug up an old e-mail from a Fischer design engineer. He said they recommend the crosses be strung 1kg lower than the mains.

eidolonshinobi
05-20-2011, 05:44 PM
Are Tecnifibre and Volki made in CHina also?

Volkl and Pacific racquets are both made in China but each company has a strict quality control. I just bought a second volkl after a few months of my first purchase of the same racquet. Two different stores, 0.02 oz difference :) Totally negligible

caugas
05-23-2011, 05:23 AM
Many thanks. Yeah, poly would seem "wrong" in this frame to me, too.

I just dug up an old e-mail from a Fischer design engineer. He said they recommend the crosses be strung 1kg lower than the mains.

Why would using a poly on a fischer be wrong Keifer?