PDA

View Full Version : BLX Blade vs Youtek Radical MP

Geology_Rocks!
05-20-2011, 12:52 PM
Hey everyone, I have been reading the forum for a while and finally decided to join, this is my first post so take it easy:p .

Well as the title says I'm trying to pick one of these two rackets, my current racket is a leaded up flexpoint radical mp, I like it a lot but they are getting harder to find so I'd like to ''upgrade''. A little about myself: 21 years old, all court player, one handed backhand (considering the 2hander), I like to think I'm around 4.0...

The flex of the Radical seems interesting but the swingweight is kinda low for my liking (I like it around 335-340), so I would have to do some mods. On the other hand the Blade with a leather grip and overgrip would be good to go but Wilson's QC scares me a little since I got a BLX pro open off by 7 grams.

Demoing is really hard in these parts but I'll see what I can do. If someone played with these 2 and could share the experience would be awsome.

Also I know Head's 98 is actually a 95 if someone can confirm the Blade has a bigger Head would be great.

Any feedback is welcome.

stronzzi70
05-20-2011, 08:39 PM
I have right now my PT 167 A ( Head FXP Radical MP ), It is 27.5, SW 370, Static weight 360 g, love it, nice plow and soft feel.
I was playing 2 weeks ago with one BLX BLADE 98, really good racquet,nice feel ,with decent power, maybe this blx blade 98 need some leather grip and some lead tape at the handle.
2 days ago, I was playing with one YTK Radical MP, good feel, good power, but without pace and heavy balls like the BLX BLADE 98.

Pure Babs
05-20-2011, 08:45 PM
Even though I felt the youtek radical got pushed around a bit against bigger hitters, it is a favorite racquet of mine because of how versatile it is around every aspect of the court. I believe it's a superior racquet to the blx blade, which I didn't like at all. The blade IMO doesn't have a lot of feel and I just couldn't connect with it like I could the radical.

Geology_Rocks!
05-22-2011, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys,

stronzzi: Nice to see you liked the blade and uses a flexpoint, the heavier ball must come from the swingweight of 335 (already on my range).

Pure Babs: I think the I won't like the stock radical...the staic weight and the swingweight are a bit low, and as you said it can get pushed around.

To really enjoy the radical I guess I would have to CAP it and put lead on the handle (not talking about adding a leather grip because I'll do it anyway), the only thing that still makes me consider it is the flex but the blade doesn't look bad in this department. And buying a new racket already thinking about customizing is kinda weird.

So far the blade seems like a better choice.

BagelMe
05-22-2011, 10:08 PM
The blade is a much better racket. I don't know what it is about that racket, but my friend let me use his and I really fell in love. Great control and its so easy to whip around. Its also much more solid than the radical.