PDA

View Full Version : Wanna change my Head i.Tour

martinalejandrofreire
06-26-2005, 11:41 AM
Hello, i have a Head i.Tour and my elbow is killing me. I was searching diferent raquets to buy but i'm not able to meake up my mind.
My options were:

- Wilson Prostaff Surge 5.1 (up to now, the strongest candidate)
- Wilson PS ROK 102
- Babolat PD

I was looking for something with more power than my i.Tour but i wasn't sure if it was the racket or my arm that caused th eelbow problem.

Wich one is better?? What are the pros and cons?? IS the i.Tour THAT bad for my elbow?? the thing is that the only one i can try out is the babolat (wich i'd hate buying)

Thank you

nViATi
06-26-2005, 11:53 AM
try a lm prestige mp but string it low for more power. it's pretty arm friendly

Bhagi Katbamna
06-26-2005, 12:39 PM
ROK 102 would also be good on the arm as would PK Kinetic series.

d wayne
06-27-2005, 07:43 AM
I have used the i Tour for 3 years. During the winter,the indoor courts I play are super fast and slick, the ball literally skids. I end up hitting a lot of balls late & my elbow gets a bit tender. Once I move outdoors on medium fast courts, the elbow is fine. I have added just a bit of lead at 3 & 9 o'clock to absorb the ball impact. It also adds a litte power and stability.
You may want to try some lead & work on making contact a little earlier- this may help with yor elbow problems.
Good luck

martinalejandrofreire
06-29-2005, 03:02 PM
Thank you for replying...

what do you know from the wilson Surge 5.1?? how is it on vellys??
and what does stiffness mean? i mean what's the difference between a racket with 6o of stiffnes and another with 68??

And Tennis-warehaouse told my that the head i tour has more power than the surge and babolat pure drive... i find that hard to believe... when there's a very fast ball coming i feel i'm hiting with all my power and it feels i'm hitting with a piece of wood...(do you know what i mean??)

Thanks again...

d wayne
06-30-2005, 08:29 AM
I only hit with a demo Surge 5.1 once. Did not like it- could never get a feel for the ball with it. Inconsistent stringbed, unless it was the string job. I did like the Surge x(long version of the Surge).
As for the iTour power, I felt as if it became unstable against powerful shots(you described it as hitting with a stick of wood). I found that just a bit of lead tape fixed that problem. I play at a solid 4.0 level and have no trouble handling pace or hitting with power with the iTour with 1/2" lead at 3 & 9 o'clock.
Can't say how it plays against 5.0 and above players on a consistent basis, but I have taken lessons with a pro here who has won national USTA titles. Most of the lesson is live ball drills and he gives me decent pace(more than I see at my normal level) and the iTour handles it fine.
Try the lead tape unless you have your heart set on switching racquets

martinalejandrofreire
06-30-2005, 03:54 PM
Thank you for the information...i'm going to try the babolat pure drive though (to see how the surge is like more or less) I'm really convinced in changing my raquet but i'm not 100 % sure that the surge is the one...thanks though...i appreciate it... I'm not very secure....hahaha...thanks....any other suggestions will help...bye.....

if you'd like, you can send me an email martinalejandrofreire@hotmail.com

wtennis206
06-30-2005, 07:23 PM
If your arm is killing you then don't go with the PD, it will finsih it off (it did mine).

martinalejandrofreire
07-01-2005, 03:36 AM
jajajaja.....ok thanks i won't....i hate it though....but what about the surge, is it good for the arm???

d wayne
07-01-2005, 06:30 AM
If you want to switch to Babolat, why not try the Pure Storm. Not as stiff as the Pure Drive but similar weight, slightly higher swingweight.
I haven't tried the Storm but do intend to demo it out of curiosity.
One racquet I did demo recently and really liked is the Tecnifibre T Feel 305. Similar weight & stiffness as the iTour but not as head light, a bit more powerful.
Very nice racquet- Well worth a try