PDA

View Full Version : Youtek Speed Lite to AeroPro Drive GT

tennisfanireland94
05-21-2011, 04:03 AM
i have been using a Head Youtek Speed Lite for nearly 2 years and am considering changing to the heavier, more solid Babolat AeroPro Drive GT. I am 17 years old and maybe a 3.5 - 4.0 player. The main things that are holding me back with regards to getting this racquet are:

is 275g to 320g to big of a leap in weight?

I primarily hit flat and i've heard this racquet is more for topspin users

any opinions on this would be greatly appreciated

roundiesee
05-21-2011, 05:54 AM
Hi; did you not start a similar thread some time ago? Perhaps it was another poster; no matter, I think the Speed Lite is a superb light frame IMO, but if you want to switch to the APD, I think that there should not be much of a problem in terms of the weight provided you have good fundamentals. The APD is still in the "tweener" category, so I don't think that it should be too heavy for you to handle. I say go ahead and have a blast! :)

tennisfanireland94
05-21-2011, 06:52 AM
Hi; did you not start a similar thread some time ago? Perhaps it was another poster; no matter, I think the Speed Lite is a superb light frame IMO, but if you want to switch to the APD, I think that there should not be much of a problem in terms of the weight provided you have good fundamentals. The APD is still in the "tweener" category, so I don't think that it should be too heavy for you to handle. I say go ahead and have a blast! :)

Hi, yes I do have a similar thread but I wasn't getting fantastic answers and I've pretty much decided on the APD GT so I just wanted some final advice before I buy. Thanks for your help :)

mrtrinh
05-21-2011, 08:05 AM
if youre a flat hitter i would look into a 18x20 string pattern. the k blade 98 comes to mind