PDA

View Full Version : Which current racquet is most similar to the Wilson 6.1 Pro Staff Stretch?

Raul_SJ
05-21-2011, 07:46 AM
I have been using Wilson 6.1 Pro Staff Stretch (28.0 inch) for over 10 years.

At the time I got it, Wilson was stating that the 28.0 inch was the wave of the future and that nearly half of the Pro Staff 6.1 racquets sold were the 28.0 inch models.

Despite this hype, Wilson has totally discontinued the 28.0 inch Pro Staff Models. (I guess these were not popular?)

I would prefer a stretch racquet (27.5 - 28.0 inch) with similar playing characteristics of the Wilson 6.1 Pro Staff Stretch.

I was thinking of trying out the new Babolat 27.5 inch models (Roddick and Nadal models).

Any others to consider?

hrstrat57
05-21-2011, 07:59 AM

At the time I got it, Wilson was stating that the 28.0 inch was the wave of the future and that nearly half of the Pro Staff 6.1 racquets sold were the 28.0 inch models.

Despite this hype, Wilson has totally discontinued the 28.0 inch Pro Staff Models. (I guess these were not popular?)

I would prefer a stretch racquet (27.5 - 28.0 inch) with similar playing characteristics of the Wilson 6.1 Pro Staff Stretch.

I was thinking of trying out the new Babolat 27.5 inch models (Roddick and Nadal models).

Any others to consider?

No help on a comparison racquet....and such a thing may not exist.

I believe the 6.1 psc stretch is still avail new on the you'll need to search tho..... I have seen them frequently in the recent past.

Good luck.

vsbabolat
05-21-2011, 08:02 AM
A longer players racquets that you might like is the Babolat Pure Storm Tour+.
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Babolat_Pure_Storm_Tour_Plus_GT/descpageRCBAB-BPSTRP.html

Do you definitely what to stay with longer than standard length?

Raul_SJ
05-21-2011, 08:37 AM
No help on a comparison racquet....and such a thing may not exist.

I believe the 6.1 psc stretch is still avail new on the you'll need to search tho..... I have seen them frequently in the recent past.

Good luck.

Yes, it's still available new.

But I was hoping that Wilson would have continued to support it with their latest BLX technology.

Raul_SJ
05-21-2011, 08:43 AM
A longer players racquets that you might like is the Babolat Pure Storm Tour+.
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Babolat_Pure_Storm_Tour_Plus_GT/descpageRCBAB-BPSTRP.html

Do you definitely what to stay with longer than standard length?

I am open to any length.

The stretch is the only racquet I've regularly used.

I like it for serves and I also get good power on groundstrokes. The downside is maneuverability at the net.

Maybe I can play just as well with the standard length if I practice with them long enough.

But during the time I demoed the standard length Pro Staff, I wasn't getting as much power (serve and groundstrokes) as the stretch model.

El Diablo
05-21-2011, 08:57 AM
You can get essentially the same specs, including length, from Vantage.

hrstrat57
05-21-2011, 09:56 AM
Yes, it's still available new.

But I was hoping that Wilson would have continued to support it with their latest BLX technology.

I have read somewhere around these parts that Fish is playing a stretch PSC 6.1 with BLX paint job......

Great frame, if you like it stock up while you can would be my take.

Automatix
05-21-2011, 11:40 PM

Any others to consider? I'm getting rid of two PSC 6.1 stretch versions.
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=373365

Drop me an e-mail if you're interested.