PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Aeropro Drive GT Plus

RFedJXZCR7
05-21-2011, 08:01 PM
This is the racuet i acm thinking of getting. I prob will string it @ 30 pounds, with rmp blast 17g. This is the plus version of the nadal racuqet. Any ideas on how it will play out? I want mostly flat shots but be able to generated heavy spin when the need arises. Mainly, I would like flat shots with still some spin to clear the net by like a foot. ThankS!

MarinaHighTennis
05-21-2011, 08:09 PM
Its flat hitting ability is pretty good but you want to be able to hit with lots of spin if you want to be really good with this racket.

Like this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl62xeAjETY&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiewzxKQm5Q&feature=relmfu

rrben29
05-21-2011, 08:11 PM
This is the racuet i acm thinking of getting. I prob will string it @ 30 pounds, with rmp blast 17g. This is the plus version of the nadal racuqet. Any ideas on how it will play out? I want mostly flat shots but be able to generated heavy spin when the need arises. Mainly, I would like flat shots with still some spin to clear the net by like a foot. ThankS!

WHOA 30 lbs for an aeropro drive??? kinda low seeing that the aeropro already givves you power o.o

MarinaHighTennis
05-21-2011, 08:13 PM
That is a very good point. You definitely shouldn't string at 30lbs. you won't be able to hit anything in.

You probably want around 50-60lbs especially with RPM strings although I use tour bite

RFedJXZCR7
05-23-2011, 01:55 PM
so is rpm blast even more pwerful than the pro hurricane tour 17g and has more spin? I'm debating if i should get rpm or luxilon alu power

flashfire276
05-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Mainly, I would like flat shots with still some spin to clear the net by like a foot.

Look elsewhere. The APD is exactly opposite of what you're looking for.

rrben29
05-23-2011, 05:25 PM
maybe try a racquet with a 18 x 20 string pattern?

Rusty10201
05-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Look elsewhere. The APD is exactly opposite of what you're looking for.

Hmm, I'd respectfully disagree. I have a APDGT+ and I can pull off the low flat shots pretty well. Although the APD do tend to give more spin, flat shots aren't impossible as long as you know how to pull it off. Just sayin :)

But I also had the same worry as you sir, I love hitting flat and I didn't know if this racquet would work. For me at least, this is a great racquet. I can still hit flat, or hit with incredible spin. Give it a try, you should like it.

RFedJXZCR7
06-19-2011, 10:31 AM
haha thanks but how is it with respect to serves??