PDA

View Full Version : light manuverable HL racket that is also stable

2ndServe
05-22-2011, 08:27 PM
does it exist? Looking for a doubles racket good for volleys and returns. Thanks

LeeD
05-22-2011, 08:41 PM
I mostly play doubles, but in singles, S/V and chip/charge.
Getting older, coming off Dunlop 200's at around 12oz., I've been more than happy with Dunlop's Aero500, a 10.2 oz racket with about a 307 SW that hits a bigger ball than that. Stiffness at 68 is countered by stringing at 54. It doesn't hit "heavy" balls unless placement is superior. For precision, nothing beats it for dipping shots and topspin lobs.

Netspirit
05-22-2011, 08:53 PM
OP, define "light".

2ndServe
05-22-2011, 08:59 PM
sub 11.5 oz is what I think is light

Agent Orynge
05-22-2011, 11:51 PM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=381103

LADAN
05-23-2011, 02:56 AM
Donnay has a whole line of such racquets....you can get them here at TW but at Www.Donnayusa.com you even have a wider selection.

What Donnay has done here is come out with a very light racquet with the thinnest beam on the market at 15 mm. It's slices through the air like a samurai blade.

The reason that they are so stable is because it is the only racquet on the market that is not hollow. They have the thinnest frame allowing for the ultimate in amneuvarbility while losing nothing in stability.

( note the dual core technology is newer than the xenocore technology and far more stable....I would only but a dual core...models to look at are the silver lites and the XP's.....on the xenocore selection you may want to try the white or the yellow).

Satch
05-23-2011, 03:02 AM
sub 11.5 oz is what I think is light

if you want HL racquet why sacrifice weight from the handle? Look for >12oz HL then, more stable..

TennisCJC
05-23-2011, 07:08 AM
I think there are a bunch of rackets around 11 oz stock that you can customize to be very stable and great rackets. Try the new Volkl Organix 295 or the older Volkl PB 295 with a bit of lead customization. I demo-ed the BB London, Bio Dunlop 300, and BLX Blade. I bought the Organix 295, but liked the BB London and Bio Dunlop 300. I personally like more flex and a SW 325-335 rather than compensation for lightness with a stiff racket. I think you have more power, feel and control with more flex/hi-er SW while the stiffness is best to bludgeon ground strokes with hi-swing speeds. Use the TW customization worksheet to see how to weight the racket to increase the SW and get the HL balance you want. The volkl organix 295 is crisper than previous voklk but still has good flex. It is very comfortable and I think one of the more precise rackets on the market. I suggest adding 4-8 grams in the head and counter that with offsetting weight under the grip. Start with 3 grams at 3/9 o'clock with 1 gram at 12 o'clock, and counter that with 4-8 grams under the grip. You will end up with a racket in the mid-11-oz range that plays great.

I don't think you can play 4.0+ tennis with a SW under 320 g. Just my opinion but I feel you need 320 (or more) to stand up to hard hit ball and especially to have solid "block" shots like volleys, block returns of a fast serve, slices, and sqaush shot gets. I have seen S/V player's games drop when they go to too light a racket.

LADAN
05-23-2011, 07:55 AM
Donnay has a whole line of such racquets....you can get them here at TW but at Www.Donnayusa.com you even have a wider selection.

What Donnay has done here is come out with a very light racquet with the thinnest beam on the market at 15 mm. It's slices through the air like a samurai blade.

The reason that they are so stable is because it is the only racquet on the market that is not hollow. They have the thinnest frame allowing for the ultimate in amneuvarbility while losing nothing in stability.

( note the dual core technology is newer than the xenocore technology and far more stable....I would only but a dual core...models to look at are the silver lites and the XP's.....on the xenocore selection you may want to try the white or the yellow).

Although Donnay is my first choice there is another new racquet company with an amazing new idea.

The company is Vortex and all of their racquets are very light and head light as well. Extremely stable racquet and whats unique is their string patterns.

The two sites are :

1- www.donnayusa.com and

2- store.vortextennis.com

LADAN
05-23-2011, 07:56 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i mean...

www.store.vortextennis.com

PimpMyGame
05-23-2011, 07:58 AM
Dunlop AG 4D 100.