PDA

View Full Version : Returning to Play New Racquet

lupitenis
05-23-2011, 08:53 AM
I am coming back to play tennis after 3 years short retirement. I am a 5.0 tennis player, 5'2", left-handed, 33 years old mother of 3 kids. I do not have as much muscle as I used to have when I was playing college. Does anybody has any suggestions for me? I use the Wilson Nblade but it is not giving the dept that I want(probably because I cannot hit as hard as I used to). the other day, I used a friends racquet Prince Shark. I like it a lot and now I am trying to decide if I just need to make changes to my nblade or if I should look into the Prince racquets.

Power Player
05-23-2011, 08:55 AM
How do you hit? You don't give a lot of details, but you should check out the Babolat Pure Drive if you need more power. In stock form, it is pretty great for a female player...possibly a little heavy, but if you are a 5.0 I doubt you will have an issue.

lupitenis
05-23-2011, 09:06 AM
I am all-around player. when playing singles I stay at the baseline about 80% of the time. When playing doubles, I am at the net about 85% of the time. I play with a lot of spin but I can hit flat when I need to finish a point.

Power Player
05-23-2011, 09:10 AM
Well you will get a million suggestions, but put the Pure Drive in your demo list. It would play great with full gut at 60#s.