PDA

View Full Version : Adding a leather grip to a dunlop 300

yosh
05-23-2011, 10:52 AM
Hey all,

Quick question that I need some help with: If I replace the grip on my dunlop aerogel 300s to bring their specs closer to the tour version, how much will the balance, weight, swingweight change? I am not sure which leather grip is the most appropriate to put on. Any ideas or references?

Also, are leather grips bigger than standard synthetic grips or would it be the same size? I ask because I would most likely add a wilson pro overgrip on top. How much would this also affect the stats?

Thanks!

Pneumated1
05-23-2011, 11:17 AM
Hey all,

Quick question that I need some help with: If I replace the grip on my dunlop aerogel 300s to bring their specs closer to the tour version, how much will the balance, weight, swingweight change? I am not sure which leather grip is the most appropriate to put on. Any ideas or references?

Also, are leather grips bigger than standard synthetic grips or would it be the same size? I ask because I would most likely add a wilson pro overgrip on top. How much would this also affect the stats?

Thanks!

I recently had many questions myself concerning leather vs. synthetic grips and all that's involved with these changes. I googled "leather vs. synthetic grips" and found an older thread on TT that will answer all of your questions. There's just too much information to put into a response. Check it out.

yosh
05-26-2011, 09:02 PM
Wow. I really didn't utilize google properly with my searches. Thanks for the tip off!

eleventeenth street
05-26-2011, 10:13 PM
you can also use this tool once you figure out the weight differences between your synthetic grip and the leather grip you may switch to.

http://twu.tennis-warehouse.com/learning_center/customizationReverse.php

plug in the numbers and you should get a pretty good idea of your new set of specs