PDA

View Full Version : when was the aero storm gt released?

snoflewis
05-23-2011, 12:02 PM
Anyone know?

TheOneHander
05-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Delete post.

flashfire276
05-23-2011, 01:18 PM
I remember having a prototype Aero Storm GT back in December 09.
And if I can remember correctly, it came around February 2010?

snoflewis
05-23-2011, 01:27 PM
awesome thanks. tried out the aero storm cortex liked it, and trying to see if i should get the GT or wait for the newer ones...but i'm hearing the next gen are going to be stiffer?

flashfire276
05-23-2011, 03:10 PM
awesome thanks. tried out the aero storm cortex liked it, and trying to see if i should get the GT or wait for the newer ones...but i'm hearing the next gen are going to be stiffer?

The Cortex and GT models are a really big difference. I own the Cortex model (my first Bab actually!), and I tried out the GT model. GT does have more power, but it's noticeably stiffer. The feel isn't as nice as the Cortex model. And the weight and balance is a bit different when I held them in comparison. The next gen is going to be amazingly stiffer (71 RA Stiffness). So unless you have an arm of steel, you should get one now.
Try to find a used Cortex model on the TT Classifieds. You can find one for around $60.

snoflewis
05-23-2011, 04:30 PM
The Cortex and GT models are a really big difference. I own the Cortex model (my first Bab actually!), and I tried out the GT model. GT does have more power, but it's noticeably stiffer. The feel isn't as nice as the Cortex model. And the weight and balance is a bit different when I held them in comparison. The next gen is going to be amazingly stiffer (71 RA Stiffness). So unless you have an arm of steel, you should get one now.
Try to find a used Cortex model on the TT Classifieds. You can find one for around $60.

thanks for the input. cortex version isnt an option, unless i can find them new. dont like buying used rackets for my main rackets. i've got the gt demos for the regular and tour version so we'll see how that goes. not to discredit any of your info, but i've learned long ago not to trust any of the racket reviews here, if you know what i mean.

TheOneHander
05-23-2011, 05:12 PM
thanks for the input. cortex version isnt an option, unless i can find them new. dont like buying used rackets for my main rackets. i've got the gt demos for the regular and tour version so we'll see how that goes. not to discredit any of your info, but i've learned long ago not to trust any of the racket reviews here, if you know what i mean.

I have to say, I love my GTs. I only hit briefly with the Cortex model, but the ASGT is the perfect stick for me. It has the solidity of a heavier frame while retaining manoevurability. It also has a crisp feel at the baseline without being too stiff. The spin potential on groundstrokes and serves is high, but flatter shots are easy to hit as well. I find that the level of control isn't, say, Prestige high, but it has enough control so that you don't have to worry about spraying shots. It also has a bit of pop to help in defensive positions.

As for feel, this racquet has plenty of it. Volleys in particular have a nice pocketing effect, and I think that the box beam in the head makes it a very stable racquet.

Could you perhaps give us a comparison of the ASGT to the ASTGT? I would greatly appreciate it!

Flashfire: would you mind linking me to a source that has the new stiffness for the next generation? Not to discredit you, but you do have a lot of information on the new frames-I want to look through the catalog myself. Thanks!

snoflewis
05-23-2011, 05:25 PM
I have to say, I love my GTs. I only hit briefly with the Cortex model, but the ASGT is the perfect stick for me. It has the solidity of a heavier frame while retaining manoevurability. It also has a crisp feel at the baseline without being too stiff. The spin potential on groundstrokes and serves is high, but flatter shots are easy to hit as well. I find that the level of control isn't, say, Prestige high, but it has enough control so that you don't have to worry about spraying shots. It also has a bit of pop to help in defensive positions.

As for feel, this racquet has plenty of it. Volleys in particular have a nice pocketing effect, and I think that the box beam in the head makes it a very stable racquet.

Could you perhaps give us a comparison of the ASGT to the ASTGT? I would greatly appreciate it!

Flashfire: would you mind linking me to a source that has the new stiffness for the next generation? Not to discredit you, but you do have a lot of information on the new frames-I want to look through the catalog myself. Thanks!

that's what surprised me about the aero storm cortex in the first place. the maneuverability, spin potential, power. i'd agree w/ you when it comes to control, but im not an 18x20 fan anyway. i'm looking forward to playing w/ the ASGT more than the tour version to be hoenst. if it is as stable as i need it to be, it'll be a winner. if not, the tour version won't be a bad alternative. i'll keep you guys posted. dont know if i can give as detailed a review as you might want, but im mainly looking for stability in the aero storm gt. coming from a blx 6.1 95, it might not have that stability, but i won't know till i try it out right? ;)

and if the aero storms are getting stiffer, it's time to stock up.

snoflewis
05-23-2011, 05:58 PM

also is that 71 RA strung/unstrung?