PDA

View Full Version : Head Youtex extreme pro

TennisMD
05-23-2011, 02:28 PM
I freely admit that upon switching to a new rkt or trying one I have not hit with in awhile I seem to get spectactular results, so called honeymoon affect. So I am asking critiques pro and con on theabove captioned rkt. I took this out for a match, played with it a year or more ago but this time had a fantastic outing repeated the next night. So some thoughts on this rkt not the typical it is to thick a beam and too powerful I can play thin and thick equally well and not head size arguement if you will notice the top two ATP players use 100 sq inch rkts. So await some interesting comments if more pro than cons I may restring this and purchase the few left on the mkt

Fed Kennedy
05-23-2011, 02:32 PM
In my experience it is the greatest return of serve racquet ever.

TennisMD
05-23-2011, 02:55 PM
In my experience it is the greatest return of serve racquet ever.

Thanks for the quick reply, I had great returns as well the plow through allowed me to jump all over an opponents loop spinny kick serve and I have had trouble with this serve in the past but could just crush it. Also allowed me to maximize my strenghts big serve and forehand.
So Fed Kennedy do youstill play with this rkt

got spin?
05-23-2011, 02:56 PM
The Microgel plays similar to the PDR. Im not sure about the IG or the youtek...

Fed Kennedy
05-23-2011, 03:19 PM
I havent used mine in a couple months. I have been busy messing around with bab pstgt and some heavy wilsons. I still have two lurking in my brother's garage, awaiting my return to ljuboland.
I miss them, but the power level/head shape is a huge adjustment so I refrain from bringing them to the courts (for now!)

TheBoom
05-23-2011, 04:20 PM
I played with the youtek and i loved ripping forehands down the line!!! So much power there! Also the topspin was great as was my backhand and volleys. Didn't hit serves much with it. Am VERY interested in the ig version however......