View Full Version : Heavy classics

adso1973
05-23-2011, 08:41 PM
Hi All,

Out of these frames:
1- C10 pro
2- BLX 6.1 16x18
3- Pure Storm Tour

Which one would you choose and why? and which one would be more arm friendly?

Thanks!

Agent Orynge
05-23-2011, 09:09 PM
I'm not sure I'd call the BLX 6.1 a 'classic.' The ProStaff Classic 6.1 certainly, but not the BLX.

adso1973
05-24-2011, 01:35 PM
You are right, the BLX is not a classic but the 6.1 line can have this kind of specification.

In some treads I read that the Storm tour gt has a classic feel compared with others and the C10 is a classic.

How would you compare these frames?

jayserinos99
05-24-2011, 01:55 PM
The BLX is the crispest out of the bunch. The PST GT and the C10 feel more flexy, with the C10 being the flexiest (can even call it noodley in the upper hoop). I'd personally choose the C10 and add 6g at 3/9 because even with the added weight, it swung faster for me than a PST GT stock.

adso1973
05-24-2011, 05:14 PM
Thanks Jayserinos, I'm interested in those racquets as i'm used to heavy frames, i've been using yonex frames over the last years but although I like the feeling cannot get the best out of them and also lately I've been having some TE.

So I'm considering moving to a lighter 98 (that's why I started other tread) to save my arm or to other heavy players frame like the ones I mentioned. What would you suggest?

Thanks!

fuzz nation
05-24-2011, 08:15 PM
I've found the Volkl C10 Pro to be a particularly arm-friendly racquet, especially in contrast with my 6.1 Classics. No experience with the Babolat.

One Yonex that you might want to try out (in case you haven't) is their RQiS 1 Tour. Not too heavy, but very plush! I have one that I noodle with on occasion and it's got significant measures of softness, comfort, and control. This frame didn't replace any of the others that I already enjoy, but I was impressed that Yonex put out such a well behaved racquet after producing several stiffer "lightning rods".

jayserinos99
05-25-2011, 08:19 AM
If you want to go the player's/tweener route, the Prince EXO3 Tour 100 16x18 was flexy, comfortable and very easy to swing. I liked the 18x20 more but since you're used to 16 mained frames, you may want to look at the 16x18 version more. If you could, I'd look into the Becker London as that was flexy and comfortable too; the London is also fairly light too.

Fuzz Nation's recommendation of the RQiS 1 Tour is a good one too if you can find it. I remember hitting with it and it was a plush hit. It's not powerful but if you take good cuts at the ball and hit it cleanly enough, power shouldn't be a problem.

chasmatt
05-25-2011, 01:11 PM
I have a BLX 6.1 95 16x18 and a Pure Storm Tour GT. I find these racquets to be very similar in feel. The BLX is a little better for volleys. The PST may have a little more power on groundstrokes. The BLX is a little better on serves and overheads. I also feel that I have a bit more control with the BLX. I tend to use the BLX more than the PST. I am about to buy another BLX as a second racquet, but I'll keep the PST as a backup. They are good racquets.

chrischris
05-25-2011, 01:16 PM
I have tried them and IMO
1.c10 pro
2.Pure storm tour 2008 edition
3.BLX

adso1973
05-26-2011, 08:03 AM
Thanks for your answers!

I will try to demo those ones, but is very difficult.

From what I've read, the C10 is the most comfortable of them and probably the better one overall, but some people in the forum say that is a demanding frame.

The PST GT has some good reviews, but I also found many people saying that the frame cracked by itself żż??

The BLX6.1 is probably the easier to find here (in buenos aires) but there also many different opinions some people say that is pretty bad for your arms and some people tell the opposite.

What do you think about this?

Cheers