PDA

View Full Version : Rackets similar to Babolat AeroPro Drive Cortex

EnglandKeepMyBones
05-24-2011, 02:51 AM
Basically, I'm hoping someone can help me out here.

Currently I am using a Yonex RQIS 1 Tour Xl 95. I hate the thing, I have no confidence when using the racket, and for me, it lacks the feel of a nice swing.

Before this I was using, a TFlight 320 VO2 Max which was better but not perfect.

However, I have on a couple of occasions used a friends Babolat AeroPro Drive Cortex and for me it feels perfect. Most importantly, it feels like it has a nice comfortable swing.

What I'm hoping is that someone on here, who has a lot more knowledge than me with rackets (everyone) can recommend a similar racket to this Babolat.

The reason I don't want to buy the Babolat is purely vanity, I don't really like how they look or the association with Nadal, who isn't my favourite player. However, if this is the only racket of that ilk then I'll have to sollow my pride.

Many Thanks.

tata
05-24-2011, 02:55 AM
The prince exo3 black i would say is the prince counter part to it. very similar specs, both stiff as but i believe the prince is softer. both are very spinny as well

MethodTennis
05-24-2011, 03:09 AM
just get the aeropro, who cares how you look when youre beating your oponents

PimpMyGame
05-24-2011, 03:11 AM
Take a look at the Dunlop Bio 500 Tour:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Dunlop_Biomimetic_500_Tour/descpageRCDUNLOP-DB5HT.html

rp42195
05-24-2011, 05:01 AM
Demo Prince Black 100, the specs are very similar.

gpt
05-24-2011, 05:07 AM
forget the whole Nadal thing and get the APDC

just buy the racquet that you like for the 'right' reasons

dekko1
05-24-2011, 05:08 AM
Yonex V.Core 100

retlod
05-24-2011, 07:43 AM
The newest Pure Drives play almost identically to the Aero Pros. Also look at the Volkl Organix 8, the HEAD IG Extreme Pro, and the Tecnifibre TFlash 300 SpeedFlex.

prjacobs
05-24-2011, 07:49 AM
Take a look at the Dunlop Bio 500 Tour:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Dunlop_Biomimetic_500_Tour/descpageRCDUNLOP-DB5HT.html

I play with the 4D 500 tour and I found it to be better than all of the babolat tweeners in every aspect of my game. For some reason, I get more feedback from it, more controllable power, great serves.... etc.
Definitely worth a demo. I'd also recommend taking a look at the Volkl OX-8. Sounds like a more arm friendly version of the aeropro.
Good luck.

Nexus Vapour
05-24-2011, 08:00 AM
Wilson blx pro open. This plays alot like it

fgs
05-24-2011, 08:26 AM
you can also check the mantis 300 (easy to do so if you are in the uk).

EnglandKeepMyBones
05-24-2011, 09:18 AM
Thanks for all the advice. It's a shame there is nowhere near me to test these rackets out, but I'll look into them all online.

eliza
05-24-2011, 09:24 AM
If you like the APDC what do you care? Anyhow: very close to it is the Dunlop 500 Tour.

flashfire276
05-24-2011, 09:31 AM
Head Youtek Extreme MP. I honestly like that more than the APDC because it feels more solid instead of muted/tinny.
And if you can find it, the Wilson Kobra Tour. Beasty racquet....

vandre
05-24-2011, 10:45 AM
Basically, I'm hoping someone can help me out here.

Currently I am using a Yonex RQIS 1 Tour Xl 95. I hate the thing, I have no confidence when using the racket, and for me, it lacks the feel of a nice swing.

Before this I was using, a TFlight 320 VO2 Max which was better but not perfect.

However, I have on a couple of occasions used a friends Babolat AeroPro Drive Cortex and for me it feels perfect. Most importantly, it feels like it has a nice comfortable swing.

What I'm hoping is that someone on here, who has a lot more knowledge than me with rackets (everyone) can recommend a similar racket to this Babolat.

The reason I don't want to buy the Babolat is purely vanity, I don't really like how they look or the association with Nadal, who isn't my favourite player. However, if this is the only racket of that ilk then I'll have to sollow my pride.

Many Thanks.

what about this?
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Babolat_AeroPro_Drive_GT_French_Open/descpageRCBAB-RGAPDGT.html

its the same stick just with a different pj. nadal is still using his yellow pj, so i guess the question is "how do you feel about tsonga?"

flashfire276
05-24-2011, 10:50 AM
what about this?
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Babolat_AeroPro_Drive_GT_French_Open/descpageRCBAB-RGAPDGT.html

its the same stick just with a different pj. nadal is still using his yellow pj, so i guess the question is "how do you feel about tsonga?"

Yep! It is!
If you're sole reason of not getting an APD is of the yellow clan of Nadal followers, this is your answer! And yes, that red paintjob is pretty amazing, even better in person.