PDA

View Full Version : defective youtek radical midplus?

tennisexecutor
05-24-2011, 07:20 AM
my friend purchased 4 youtek radical midpluses off a local player and didn't notice until he restrung them that one of them had a 16x19 string pattern and a sticker with what looks like some kind of code on the throat. is this some kind of manufacturing defect with the drill pattern and would he be eligible to get a replacement frame from head?

mrtrinh
05-24-2011, 07:44 AM
Your friend is lucky, he got a pro stock frame

flashfire276
05-24-2011, 08:35 AM
Ask him if he'd like to sell me that "defective" frame. =p

Dekline
05-24-2011, 10:46 AM
The code is on a sticker on the throat huh?

It is a factory defect for sure. Head is known for this. Atleast he still has 3 good ones. I heard from a friend of a friend's friend that Head might be going out of business because of this very reason.

flashfire276
05-24-2011, 10:48 AM

It is a factory defect for sure. Head is known for this.

You're kidding me right? A factory defect because of a code on the throat, and they're known for that? They may be known for the codes, but it's not a defect.

I heard from a friend of a friend's friend that Head might be going out of business because of this very reason.

Let me put it this way...
Dunlop has a higher chance of getting out of business than Head, and they're not going anywhere.
And who's this friend of yours? Even Head reps don't feed that much info.

Don't wanna sound rash, but you should at least know what you're talking about.
One guy here stated that he heard from a "friend" that they would discontinue the Prestige line. Again, know what you're talking about.

cnr1guy
05-24-2011, 10:48 AM

It is a factory defect for sure. Head is known for this. Atleast he still has 3 good ones. I heard from a friend of a friend's friend that Head might be going out of business because of this very reason.

Excuse me, but you have no idea what your talking about... :roll:

Dekline
05-24-2011, 11:00 AM
I dont know......i think they might. How are you going to stay in business if you cant even drill the correct string pattern in "best seller" like the radical?

meowmix
05-24-2011, 11:02 AM
... they're called PRO STOCK frames... frames made specifically for PROFESSIONAL players that are made TO THE EXACT SPECS REQUESTED.

flashfire276
05-24-2011, 11:04 AM
I dont know......i think they might. How are you going to stay in business if you cant even drill the correct string pattern in "best seller" like the radical?

You think they might get out of business? And they drill their patterns just fine! I don't understand what you mean that they don't do it correctly. 18x20 is 18x20, correct?
And for pro stock racquets, it's just under a paintjob with different specs of the shown frame. It might look like a Rad, but it's totally different if requested. So if its open, it's because its a prostock frame for the player.

Doubles
05-24-2011, 11:11 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that Dekline is being sarcastic, but we all know what they say about what happens when you assume...

Dekline
05-24-2011, 11:13 AM
He should get his money back and buy a wilson. At least all their racquets come out of the factory identical.

gramdacious
05-24-2011, 11:13 AM

This has got to be a joke right??

Dekline
05-24-2011, 11:52 AM
This has got to be a joke right??

If by "this" you mean the original post and by "joke" you mean random made up story.........then yes.

Up&comer
05-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Your friend is lucky, he got a pro stock frame

^^that. Dekline is either joking or is speaking out of line.

gramdacious
05-24-2011, 01:27 PM
If by "this" you mean the original post and by "joke" you mean random made up story.........then yes.
Yes I was referring to the OP, I took your comments in jest.

Fuji
05-24-2011, 03:39 PM
It's a prostock frame. Look it up on here and you'll find lots of info! :)

-Fuji

nalvarado
05-24-2011, 03:45 PM
If you post the code we can tell you more about it :D

Dekline
05-24-2011, 06:13 PM
Now explain how you cant read the whole code cause some noob named Andrew or Andy something Murray partially covered it up with his name.

cnr1guy
05-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Now explain how you cant read the whole code cause some noob named Andrew or Andy something Murray partially covered it up with his name.

You're an idiot - go away. :evil:

Timbo's hopeless slice
05-24-2011, 07:31 PM
lol, idiots, he is trolling you. Read what he said about all those identical Wilsons...

jkang909
05-24-2011, 07:41 PM
Omg Guys!!! Stop Fighting!! :(

flashfire276
05-24-2011, 08:07 PM
Omg Guys!!! Stop Fighting!! :(

+1
Why can't we be friends???? xD

Dekline
05-25-2011, 05:57 AM
I was just goofin around.......is everyone this serious in "real life"?

Im starting to notice a couple trends on this board:

1. If your opinion is different you are either an "idiot" or "know nothing about tennis"

2. NTRP ratings are a very important standard of measure for everything from credibility to the key factor in whether a racuqet is useable or not by an individual.

3. This is serious business.

Gimmick
05-25-2011, 06:09 AM
I was just goofin around.......is everyone this serious in "real life"?

Im starting to notice a couple trends on this board:

1. If your opinion is different you are either an "idiot" or "know nothing about tennis"

2. NTRP ratings are a very important standard of measure for everything from credibility to the key factor in whether a racuqet is useable or not by an individual.

3. This is serious business.

4. Never talk about the unwritten rules.

tennisexecutor
05-25-2011, 06:52 AM
If you post the code we can tell you more about it :D

the code on the sticker is b018305

tennisexecutor
05-25-2011, 06:54 AM
i didn't think it was a pro frame because it says youtek mp on the paintjob but as we know only the youtek radical pros come in a 16x19 string pattern.

nalvarado
05-25-2011, 07:52 AM
If I'm not mistaken you should have a TGK231. Could you look for this code?

Disclaimer: I am not an expert on this matter. This post is based on information taken from the head pro stock code thread

Facepalm
05-25-2011, 08:38 AM
This thread needs ponies. Just sayin...

tennisexecutor
05-25-2011, 08:53 AM
i knew about the existence of tgk/pt pro frames but this one had no such code imprinted on the throat. it only had the sticker with the serial number on the throat and the rest was the same as the retail youtek radical mp.