PDA

View Full Version : Any Suggestions?

NewTennisGuy
05-24-2011, 07:38 AM
Im currently using a BLX Tidal Wave i bought from dicks sporting goods, but it just doesnt seem to feel right. Ive played with a friends Babalot AeroPro, not sure which one yet, Ill find out later today at practice, but it feel so much better. Any idea on which racket i should go after next? I love having lots of spin and control. Im fairly new to tennis, so any thoughts?

NewTennisGuy
05-24-2011, 07:53 AM
Oh yeah, factory strings ... was debating to replace those with some silk or supersonics

michael_1265
05-24-2011, 08:02 AM
Demo, demo, demo, that's all I have to say. Don't worry about the brand.

NewTennisGuy
05-24-2011, 08:06 AM
so just go and try out a bunch of rackets and see which ones feel the best?

Spin-A-Lot
05-24-2011, 08:43 AM
Depends on how long you've been playing tennis...if you've just started and you bought that racquet brand new then I don't see why you would spend more for another one..

Unless you've been playing for awhile you won't really appreciate trying out countless racquets if you're not sure what sort of strokes you have...

I suggest concentrating on your strokes, worry less about the stick..change the strings if need be...just remember, tennis is more than just the racquet!

NewTennisGuy
05-24-2011, 08:51 AM
Alright, I've played tennis recreationally for about 5-6 years but just started playing competively for a year now. I'll ask my coach what he thinks as well.