PDA

View Full Version : Please stop stringing the demos so tight.

GoSurfBoy
05-24-2011, 10:25 AM
I just received the Pacific 90. Wow.................LIKE A BOARD OR A BRICK. This thing is strung SO tight that after about 15 groundies, I simply put it away.

Kind of a wasted demo. Mid-tension, it might be a nice frame, too, but like this, it's simply unplayable.

Just some thoughts.......

adidasman
05-24-2011, 10:39 AM
I just received the Pacific 90. Wow.................LIKE A BOARD OR A BRICK. This thing is strung SO tight that after about 15 groundies, I simply put it away.

Kind of a wasted demo. Mid-tension, it might be a nice frame, too, but like this, it's simply unplayable.

Just some thoughts....... Doesn't TW automatically string to the middle of the recommended tension range???

TW Staff
05-24-2011, 11:23 AM
All our demos are strung at mid+2 unless they are strung with polyester. In that case, we string those at mid.

Jason, TW

li0scc0
05-24-2011, 11:43 AM

Just some thoughts.......

Likely they, as they stated, strung it around mid-tension.
HOWEVER, in this racquet, it doesn't start to sing until you get to LOOOOWWWW tensions. As in 40 for poly, or 45-50 for synthetic.

GoSurfBoy
05-24-2011, 02:14 PM
When I send this frame in, please check. I sincerely doubt it is "mid+2". My little string-twist gauge is maxing, and the 'ping' off this thing sounds 5-10#'s higher than the other demos.

It's a multi', by the way.

[d]ragon
05-24-2011, 04:51 PM
What did you expect from a 90 sq inch racquet with 20 crosses?