PDA

View Full Version : Vac Pro 90 question

Nextman916
05-24-2011, 09:41 PM
I managed to get my hands on one of these classics recently, pink/grey/blue "Stitch" PJ and 'Made in Austria' printed on the frame.

The specs are printed 340g +/- 6g on the throat. But prior research led me to believe that it was supposed to be 330g, but I know there were later made china versions as well. Were the Austrian made ones slightly heavier than the China ones? Thanks!

-Also the Vac pro 90 plays lightyears better than the new pacific x feel 90. The basalt in place of the sic ceramic ruins that frame IMO. Bring us back the classic composition Pacific!

Nextman916
05-25-2011, 11:46 PM
Nobody knows if a 340g version was ever made...?

classic tennis
05-26-2011, 06:11 AM
Nobody knows if a 340g version was ever made...?

The Austrian Made VT Pro 90's were made in XSL, SL, L and LM the XSL was primarily for the Japanese market, the L & LM were imported in to the US as well some SL's by the distributor in Md.

classic tennis
05-26-2011, 06:14 AM
I managed to get my hands on one of these classics recently, pink/grey/blue "Stitch" PJ and 'Made in Austria' printed on the frame.

The specs are printed 340g +/- 6g on the throat. But prior research led me to believe that it was supposed to be 330g, but I know there were later made china versions as well. Were the Austrian made ones slightly heavier than the China ones? Thanks!

-Also the Vac pro 90 plays lightyears better than the new pacific x feel 90. The basalt in place of the sic ceramic ruins that frame IMO. Bring us back the classic composition Pacific!

Re the difference in playability between now and then, different carbon fibre, resin and technique in manufacturing and it's really doubtfull that the Vacuum system is being used in China, despite what marketing will tell you.

mctennis
05-27-2011, 06:33 AM
I agree with classic tennis. I don't think it is anything like the older racquets.

Nextman916
05-28-2011, 10:46 PM
The Austrian Made VT Pro 90's were made in XSL, SL, L and LM the XSL was primarily for the Japanese market, the L & LM were imported in to the US as well some SL's by the distributor in Md.

Re the difference in playability between now and then, different carbon fibre, resin and technique in manufacturing and it's really doubtfull that the Vacuum system is being used in China, despite what marketing will tell you.

Ahh I see, thank you. Sorry for the decade late reply, but how might I tell which version is the 340g?

And yea...if I ever buy another one, I'll stick to the Austrian made. This thing feels quality.

classic tennis
05-30-2011, 03:41 AM
Ahh I see, thank you. Sorry for the decade late reply, but how might I tell which version is the 340g?

And yea...if I ever buy another one, I'll stick to the Austrian made. This thing feels quality.

The 340g bats should be the LM series , it should be stamped on the handle under the OG on the Austrian models.