PDA

View Full Version : Rdis 100 MP - Review

un6a
05-25-2011, 02:01 AM
Here my thoughts about stick after 2 hours of practice rallying and 2 double matches.
It is strung with SP Hyperion (1.24) 55/53 lbs. So far i tested it side by side with Ytk prestige MP, because my main racquet is currently at stringer.
My plan was to get something with more power, bigger sweetspot and more spin than my 4D 300 tour, while still maitaining good control.

Rdis feels solid and stable. Power level is higher than i was expected, It is right between SP Black and Prestige. Sweetspot is huge much bigger than prestige. Stick have very good spin capabilities, but it is not as headlight and whipable as prestige. Control is not as good as prestige.

FOREHAND: FH feels good i adjusted to higher power quickly by adding a bit more spin to my shots. Shots are faster and more dangerous, but with slightly less control.

2HBH: I could not find confidence from my BH side. My BH is not as good as my FH and with added power i have even more problems to keep ball within the lines. This is more problem with my technique than anything though.

SLICE: Good, but not on par with prestige (best stick for slice so far)

SERVE: Serve is best from all my racquets. More power, more spin and good consistency.

VOLLEYS: I volley good with all of my racquets and this was no exception. With Rdis i have more power and bigger sweetspot is always good. On the other hand it is less manuverable than i'm used to. Touch shots and droppers were easy.

I had better results in double matches with rdis than with prestige. Although lobs and finese shots were not as good as with prestige, with added power i could play more aggressive while still maintaining decent control.

I need to play some singles to see if i can maintain good consistenci in match.

LiKES: Serve, Big sweetspot, Controlled power from forehand side

DiSLIKES: I have only one big problem with Rdis 100, which will maybe prevent me to switch. Balance. It just not feel like it is 7 pts headlight.
Prestige which is supposed to have same balance is much whippier inspite of higher static weight. Rdis have more mass in the head than i'm used to. I'm a bit late on some harder shots which i can return with prestige just fine. Also my control on some precise shots suffer. I temporarily added second overgrip and balance felt better, but frame still feels a bit heavier than i would like.

NOTES:
-Frame is more solid and stable than racquets with similar specs as prince o3 ozone tour or head speed 315. But manuverability is not as good.
-Fame is a bit longer (3-4 mm) than my other racquets
-PJ is sweet

I will update this post with my future observations and when i will play side by side with my modded 4D 300 tour.

Buckethead
05-25-2011, 06:19 AM
Overall RDiS 100 is much better than the others, not even a contest, you can adapt to a better racket that offers you more than to a racket like Youtek Prestige that is only good with directional control.
The slice I agree is a bit better with the prestige because of the 18x20, but not much better and you can flat it out and use a lot of spin better than you can do with Prestige.

JackB1
06-02-2011, 05:41 AM
NOTES:
-Frame is more solid and stable than racquets with similar specs as prince o3 ozone tour or head speed 315. But manuverability is not as good.
-Fame is a bit longer (3-4 mm) than my other racquets
-PJ is sweet

You really liked the Yonex better than the Speed 315? I am currently playing with the Speed and loving it. Did u tru the IG version or last year's version?
Can u compare the Speed vs the RDIS 100 MP some more? On TW's power map, the Speed seems like it has considerably more power:
http://twu.tennis-warehouse.com/cgi-bin/storepower2.cgi?racquetA=HS16|100|Head|YOUTEK:IG:S peed:16x19|RCHEAD|x&racquetB=RDS1MP|98|Yonex|RDS:001:MP|RCYONEX|x&racquetC=none&racquetD=none
Also, on the sweetspot map, the Speed also has a wider AND taller sweetspot than the Yonex. You might want to test the Speed some more. It sounds like it has everything you are looking for in a nice swingweight.

basil J
06-02-2011, 10:25 AM
I found the RDIS MP great for dubs, but in singles I found the string bed a tad unpredictable and the frame a bit tinny feeling, and would often hit shots just long with it, that with my usual Ki5 would have been well in. . I loved it for my 1HBH and at the net it was solid. It played better with poly, but my shoulder would have suffered so I moved on rather quickly from this frame. IMO TI-80 is a better all court frame.

blackfrido
06-02-2011, 07:46 PM
I found this week that the RDSi 100 MP is a nice racquet to be smashed on the floor!
One is gone, I have 2 for sale on this board = condition 9/10 :)

un6a
06-03-2011, 01:50 AM
You really liked the Yonex better than the Speed 315? I am currently playing with the Speed and loving it. Did u tru the IG version or last year's version?
Can u compare the Speed vs the RDIS 100 MP some more? On TW's power map, the Speed seems like it has considerably more power:
http://twu.tennis-warehouse.com/cgi-bin/storepower2.cgi?racquetA=HS16|100|Head|YOUTEK:IG:S peed:16x19|RCHEAD|x&racquetB=RDS1MP|98|Yonex|RDS:001:MP|RCYONEX|x&racquetC=none&racquetD=none
Also, on the sweetspot map, the Speed also has a wider AND taller sweetspot than the Yonex. You might want to test the Speed some more. It sounds like it has everything you are looking for in a nice swingweight.

I have demoed last year version of speed 315 (18x20). I do not want comment on power level or some other attributes as spin, sweetspot etc., because demo had different strings installed and it was some time ago. But there was big difference how rdis 100 and speed 315 swings despite same static weight and balance. Rdis have more mass in head and feels more solid and stable, but less whipable. Speed was easier to swing even when i added some lead at 3&9. I felt like most mass was concentrated around throat area. But i think if i had more time to tinkering with lead i would bring the balance between manuverability and plow to my liking.

If i had chance i would demoed new IG speeds already because specs looks interesting to me. My hitting partner considering to switch from YTK Radical MP to new IG Speed (18x20) so maybe i will have chance to hit with it in the future.

I will test Rdis 100 more over weekend if weather stays good. Right now i think power/control wise it is right between players(prestige) and tweener(PD, APD etc.) racquets.

adso1973
06-03-2011, 05:31 AM
hi
Can you please compare your current 300t with the Yonex.
Thanks

JackB1
06-03-2011, 08:03 AM
I have demoed last year version of speed 315 (18x20). I do not want comment on power level or some other attributes as spin, sweetspot etc., because demo had different strings installed and it was some time ago. But there was big difference how rdis 100 and speed 315 swings despite same static weight and balance. Rdis have more mass in head and feels more solid and stable, but less whipable. Speed was easier to swing even when i added some lead at 3&9. I felt like most mass was concentrated around throat area. But i think if i had more time to tinkering with lead i would bring the balance between manuverability and plow to my liking.

If i had chance i would demoed new IG speeds already because specs looks interesting to me. My hitting partner considering to switch from YTK Radical MP to new IG Speed (18x20) so maybe i will have chance to hit with it in the future.

I will test Rdis 100 more over weekend if weather stays good. Right now i think power/control wise it is right between players(prestige) and tweener(PD, APD etc.) racquets.

You should also check out the new VCore 98D. It has identical specs to the RDiS 100 MP.

un6a
06-16-2011, 01:32 AM
Update: After some more tenis with this frame, i think it is not best stick for me.

I like every shot with this racquet, except forehand which is usually my main weapon.
Best shots are 2nd serve (i can put more action on the ball than with any of my racquets) and 2HBH. But I feel i'm penalized from forhand side for not being able to consistently return fast serves and hard shots for which i need more manuverable frame. Also I don't have that feeling i can place ball anywhere on the court like with 300 Tour or Prestige MP. Control is not that good.

Rdis 100 just isn't as manuverable as other racquets with similar weight and balance.
I'm also surprised of bad quality of PJ, which slightly fading away on some places.