PDA

View Full Version : Aeropro Drive GT v BLX Blade 98

tennisfanireland94
05-25-2011, 04:34 AM
would anyone be able to give me a good comparison on these two racquets?

thanks

BobFL
05-25-2011, 07:29 AM
No comparison. They are totally different...

tennisfanireland94
05-25-2011, 08:26 AM
No comparison. They are totally different...

Sorry, phrased my question completely wrong. Would you be able to tell me anything you know about them, pros and cons etc because I am going to buy either one of them but would like some information from people on here

Thanks

BobFL
05-25-2011, 08:48 AM
Pros and cons for what and/or whom?

tennisfanireland94
05-25-2011, 08:54 AM
Ie. What is good/bad about both of them in terms of power, control, forgiveness etc. Couldn't find much anywhere online that's the reason I'm asking your opinion

Thanks

tennisfanireland94
05-25-2011, 10:16 PM
Any more help on this?

Bartelby
05-25-2011, 10:47 PM
There's a written review of the aero and one coming out on the blade so there's more than enough material. I've played extensively with other versions of both racquets, but not these, this much however is clear:

Bab: stiff, easy power but manoeuvrable.
Blade: less stiff, less powerful but more evenly balanced and less manoeuvrable.

I would have to add weight to the handle of the Blade (leather grip) to play with it, but otherwise it would be excellent. On the other hand, the Babolat is much easier to play with, but a little less control.

tennisfanireland94
05-26-2011, 03:14 AM
There's a written review of the aero and one coming out on the blade so there's more than enough material. I've played extensively with other versions of both racquets, but not these, this much however is clear:

Bab: stiff, easy power but manoeuvrable.
Blade: less stiff, less powerful but more evenly balanced and less manoeuvrable.

I would have to add weight to the handle of the Blade (leather grip) to play with it, but otherwise it would be excellent. On the other hand, the Babolat is much easier to play with, but a little less control.

thank you for your help

TheOneHander
06-06-2011, 12:57 PM
I have a thread somewhere around here...it has opinions on both the APDGT and the Blade.

My take on it:

As for the APDGT, these racquets are more different then they are alike. The APDGT has treasure troves of power compared to the Blade. It also doesn't feel as solid. As much as I don't want to say hollow, it lacked a bit of oomph compared to the Blade. It did have more inherent spin, and I did get more bite on all my serves than I did with the BLX. Volleys were not as controlled, but overheads were a blast! To sum it up, I preferred the access to variety and higher control of the Blade over the APDGT's high power levels.

That paragraph was from the thread below.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=377358

stronzzi70
06-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Two different animals.