PDA

View Full Version : YT Prestige Mid vs. YT Extreme Pro (not IG)

Sintherius
05-25-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm in a little dilemma. I used my friend's Extreme Pro last week, wanted to try it since it was the only YOUTEK Head racket I haven't used. (I currently own 2 YOUTEK Prestige Mids).

Here's my problem:

I LOVED the Extreme Pro. It didn't even feel stiff to me, I could get a LOT more kick and found myself going for more on my second serves, backhands were a pleasure to hit, and my forehands were getting the topspin I wanted but could still flatten it out for a winner. Volleys were even better for me (probably because of the larger headsize since I'm not the best at volleying :P)

But, I still love my Prestige Mids. The mass of the racket helps me plow through the ball more and I love the feel of them, no other racket compares in that department. It also teaches me to focus on form and technique while hitting the ball and lets me know what I'm doing wrong (you know, when I start sucking I know that it's my technique :D).

But... which do I use? I play better with the Extreme, but don't want to stray away from the amazing feel of the Prestige and the sweet sweet sound it makes when I hit the ball.

Should I sell my Prestiges? Get an Extreme Pro? Keep my Prestiges? Or buy an Extreme Pro and keep Prestiges?

It's really a tough decision, but I'm done thinking about it. I'll let you guys decide :D and leave your feedback about both rackets.

stronzzi70
05-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Keep it your YTK Prestige Mid , then enjoy your honeymoon with the YTK EXTREME , for me is just that.

Dekline
05-25-2011, 06:14 PM
I always get confused when people associate mass/plow with any prestige. Only reason I played with the prestige series was extrodinary feel without tinny vibrations and low starting point get the balance/weight perfected.

Between the two racuqets......the extreme pro DOMINATES in the plow/mass department. That thing eats any ball hit to you (as well as its own strings).

Why not keep your prestiges and grab an exteme pro to mess around with. If you still like it after some time you wont have any problem getting a hold of another. I think the yt extreme pro was too much racquet for its target audience.....plenty used ones around in good condition.

alen_david
05-25-2011, 06:21 PM
YT Prestige Mid > YT Extreme Pro anyday

OldButGame
05-25-2011, 06:21 PM
I'd keep 'em both,,...jump back and forth between the two as i desired,...and let my game suffer a little to enjoy both racquets. But thats just how I roll. Not recomended for all,

TheBoom
05-25-2011, 06:52 PM
Get a used extreme and if you get past the honeymoon phase and still love it then buy it wherever you can find it

Sintherius
05-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Get a used extreme and if you get past the honeymoon phase and still love it then buy it wherever you can find it

Sounds good. My friend is trying to sell his used one for $100 to me (which is dumb because NEW ones are $120 and his has been used a good bit.)

TheBoom
05-25-2011, 07:16 PM
Sounds good. My friend is trying to sell his used one for $100 to me (which is dumb because NEW ones are $120 and his has been used a good bit.)

If you can get him to lower the price it may be worth it but you may be able to find one here for about 80 give or take

gonzalocatalino
12-12-2011, 05:27 PM
iŽve a similar problem here: MG prestige mids vs youtek extreme pro... :/

the prestige mid is great, tons of feel and touch, great power with a full swing, flat serves are perfect.
The extreme pro, in the other hand, is easier to use (more free "emergency power"), as sick spin capabilities, plowtrough, and offers a much bigger swetspot...only downside is the stiffnes. My game raises one step with this frame, but my elbow complains after a couple of hours of hitting that little yellow ball with the extreme...
Directional control is obviously superior on the prestige, the extremes, with multis are more comfortable, but the directional control is reduced drastically (also the spin potencial, wich is sick with poly strings). With the prestige, you can use any string at any tension, without noticing any loss on control...

Scribbles
12-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Imo, no stick is worth it if it costs your elbow.

I own the youtek ig extreme mp. The stiffness didn't effect me until a several weeks after I got the stick. Power is great though -- its pretty cool to hit shots with such depth and power even when you don't have time to set up and your technique is broken down.

But because of the stiffness, I'm looking for a new main stick - definitely something flexier.

Bartelby
12-12-2011, 10:33 PM
The ig spec is considerably stiffer than the yt.

gonzalocatalino
12-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Imo, no stick is worth it if it costs your elbow.

I own the youtek ig extreme mp. The stiffness didn't effect me until a several weeks after I got the stick. Power is great though -- its pretty cool to hit shots with such depth and power even when you don't have time to set up and your technique is broken down.

But because of the stiffness, I'm looking for a new main stick - definitely something flexier.

yes, i know. IŽll will try the extremes for a couple of weeks more and see what my elbow have to say...

With multi i dont have any pain, but i prefer the control and spin i get with polys. IŽll try an hybrid next week...
If i keep having elbow troubles, i will try the yt prestige pro, wich seems to be something in the middle...

TenFanLA
12-13-2011, 10:31 AM
The answer is simple. Use:

Prestige - to look and feel like a tennis stud.

Extreme - to win matches.