PDA

View Full Version : Donnay X Series Racquet Demo Complaint

kimbahpnam
05-25-2011, 04:10 PM
I would love to demo the new X-Black, but you don't allow the racquet to be demoed with the customization kit. For me, the customization kit is the most attractive part of the racquet. Why not include it as part of the demo? It is obviously a integral part of the racquet.

SFrazeur
05-25-2011, 04:41 PM
I would love to demo the new X-Black, but you don't allow the racquet to be demoed with the customization kit. For me, the customization kit is the most attractive part of the racquet. Why not include it as part of the demo? It is obviously a integral part of the racquet.

I don't blame them. Users will take the customization parts off and lose them.

-SF

jlan
05-25-2011, 04:49 PM

-SF

My thoughts exactly.

I demoed 4 of the X-Series when they first came to TW and they sent the customization kit to me. Of course, I sent everything back intact. It's all about honesty and morals here, and it seems that a few have abused that, which is probably why TW decided to not include any extras with the demos now.

Leafitachi
05-25-2011, 07:56 PM
My thoughts exactly.

I demoed 4 of the X-Series when they first came to TW and they sent the customization kit to me. Of course, I sent everything back intact. It's all about honesty and morals here, and it seems that a few have abused that, which is probably why TW decided to not include any extras with the demos now. I 2nd this.
I demo'd the x-blue a whole back, no customization kit and I felt the same way as OP. After some quick thinking, I definetly can see why TW chose not to include the kit as mentioned above, don't blame them. If i like the racquet for how it feels, but maybe complain about weight then I know I always have that kitt that would be included so then it'd be fine.

kimbahpnam
05-25-2011, 09:42 PM

-SF

that could be said for anything. someone could take the grommets, damage the racquet, etc.

i think something like a collateral system or placing a deposit would be a good idea for the customization kit. put down a deposit for the price of the customization kit with the cost of the demo....after the demo is returned and the kit comes back in tact then refund the deposit.

i think it's necessary.

SFrazeur
05-25-2011, 10:40 PM
that could be said for anything. someone could take the grommets, damage the racquet, etc.

i think something like a collateral system or placing a deposit would be a good idea for the customization kit. put down a deposit for the price of the customization kit with the cost of the demo....after the demo is returned and the kit comes back in tact then refund the deposit.

i think it's necessary.

That's a lot of effort for what is a complimentary service. TW only chargers for actual cost of shipping. From a business stand point it's probably just not worth the effort. Don't blame TW, blame the jerks that steel the parts or lose them. I've used a lot of demos and it can be clear that some just don't care about the next person.

-SF

kimbahpnam
05-25-2011, 10:50 PM
from a business stand point, not charging for demos makes less sense than the plan I proposed. for a business like TW i don't think it's too much to set up a deposit/collateral system for the kit. i cancelled my demo purchase because it doesn't include the kit which hurts my chances of buying the racquet. that's not good for business.