PDA

View Full Version : FP Radical Tour

pchoi04
06-26-2005, 08:14 PM
Alright... I haven't been playing tennis for a little while but I do want to get back into it. I currently use the POG 93sqin and LOVE the spin potential on it. However I want something that will give me more power from the baseline and still stay in the 12oz area. Would you guys recommend the FP Radical Tour? I have use a 2 handed BH and sometimes one. I think my first serves are pretty strong and I like something with alot of pop. I really want a racquet that can generate spin. Also I'm purely a baseliner and only come in when I have to.

Safina
06-26-2005, 08:55 PM
i would demo some of these...

Head FP rad tour
Prince O3 Tour
Babolat Pure Control
Yonex Ti-80 / RDX

pchoi04
06-27-2005, 12:13 AM
I was also considering the O3 tour also... I used to use a LM radical MP and thought it was a great racquet but I didnt like the dense string pattern and it was to light.

federer_nadal
06-27-2005, 12:24 AM
dont go near the Flexpoint tour , i and many others have had shoulder problems with it, i have proper stroke mechanics, strung it with gut , used a vibe dampener. And it killed my shoudler, It also was not the weight because my racquets are heavier

barry
06-27-2005, 02:19 AM
federer_nadal

I hate to trash a racket, but the FP tour killed my shoulder after using it for an 1 houn max. Did the same to someone I loaned it too.
Very poor designed racket, I did not have the problem with the O3 tour, just did not like the muted sound.

stc9357
06-27-2005, 03:21 AM
Don't listen to them my shoulder was fine and after all this b****ing i heard here on the forums I thought it would be sore. Go out and demo the racket and give it a try.

alfa164164
06-27-2005, 06:30 AM
Definitely take it out for a demo.

LickyMYwalker
06-27-2005, 06:36 AM
try out the rdx500 MP is flexy like hte POG and has a LOT of spin potential and its 11.7 oucnes. If you wanna lead it a little or a lot, its perfect to do that because the weight will go into the 12 oz department you are looking for.

dufferok
06-27-2005, 06:37 AM
I've had my FP Radical Tour for 4 weeks now. The racket has improved my game. The racket has added pace and spin to all my shots. The FP Radical Tour has made returning heavy balls from my opponents easier and with less effort. I have NOT experienced any shoulder problems to date, and love the stick!

I would recommend demo'n the FP Radical Tour and Prince O3. The sticks are closely matched with slight differences. There is a seperate thread comparing the FP Radical Tour and Prince O3.

pchoi04
06-27-2005, 09:17 PM
I've already tried the rdx500... I don't really like it that much.

mvoltrona
06-28-2005, 11:15 AM
the FP Radical is a great racquet! It's exactly what the Radical should be. It's got a great weight to it, and a lot of control. I can POUND shots, and the racquet has enough spin to keep them in play. It could use a bit more power on the serve, but it's not that big of a deal.

deflori
07-02-2005, 01:20 AM
I came from a instinct and love mine too.......there are no shoulder or arm problems with the fp tour!
Great Stick!

La Bomba
07-02-2005, 02:12 AM
This is only 2 oz ova 12 oz and im 13 and i hav the ncode 95 16x18 and its really good, out of the 22 racquets i demoed today i demoed the head flexpoint tour within that 22, it had a bit too much power, the ncode 95 16x18 is maneuverable, has good power and control and i get a lot of spin with it, out all the racquets i demoed the ncode 95 16x18 was the best and i strongly recomend it, i got them professionly matched within 1.2 grams and 1 is 348.8 the other 350

barry
07-02-2005, 04:06 AM
When I used the Flexpoint Tour, it had a lot of vibration, which killed my shoulder. Several players at the club tried them, and if you do not mind slightly used frames, you can buy them cheap off ****. They claim arm and shoulder problems. Maybe it is the Flex part of the head, which keeps the ball longer on the racket, not sure, but you may want to try one out before purchasing.
The holes at 3 and 9 could be an issue. If you do not hit the ball dead center, then the ball spays. Serving was also strange. If you struck the ball high on the racket, it would fly out.
Not sure Heads latest Gimmick is going to help sales, I think they should dump the LM crap, and get back to building playable rackets.

timmyboy
07-02-2005, 05:28 AM
liquidmetal isn't playable? i never knew. and head has been manufacturing **** ever since intelligence.

deflori
07-06-2005, 10:26 AM
I must write it again...
I had shoulderprobs too,for example from a Babolat Pure Control,but the FLEXPOINT TOUR isnt a shoulderkiller for 100procent!
I strung mine with a bb original at 29,and i never had arm or shoulderproblems...so i cant understand that..
One of the greatest Baseline-Topspin Rackets on the market..

Return_Ace
07-06-2005, 10:28 AM
thats like 29KG right? not lbs..................

deflori
07-06-2005, 12:03 PM
Jup,thats correct,sry: -

mark1
07-06-2005, 01:49 PM
When I used the Flexpoint Tour, it had a lot of vibration, which killed my shoulder. Several players at the club tried them, and if you do not mind slightly used frames, you can buy them cheap off ****. They claim arm and shoulder problems. Maybe it is the Flex part of the head, which keeps the ball longer on the racket, not sure, but you may want to try one out before purchasing.
The holes at 3 and 9 could be an issue. If you do not hit the ball dead center, then the ball spays. Serving was also strange. If you struck the ball high on the racket, it would fly out.
Not sure Heads latest Gimmick is going to help sales, I think they should dump the LM crap, and get back to building playable rackets.

couldnt explain it any better myself. i currently play with the volkl tour 10midve and couldnt stand the flexpoint tour. The shots were spraying all over the place for me and i couldnt serve with anywhere near the pace or accuracy of my volkl. it also has a very pingy sound and feel to it even with a vibration dampner on it. it felt very very unstable to me and i was very erratic off the ground with it and with my volkl i make very few errors during the course of a match but with the flexpoint i was making errors left and right.

deflori
07-07-2005, 09:26 AM
Hm,cant believe that...
But the Reviews are ******** when you not write something about your Game!

I think its not a stick for "flathitters" but everyone who likes to play with pure Topspin from the base should test this stick...
I think too,that everyone who likes for example a Rd7 Spinmonster like this stick - When you write about Spraying,i cant understand it - The Control and Spin is the most important thing i get from mine.

doriancito
07-12-2005, 08:04 AM
i have never seen this racuqet! id love to though! any one has picutres?

POGO
07-12-2005, 08:24 AM
Alright... I haven't been playing tennis for a little while but I do want to get back into it. I currently use the POG 93sqin and LOVE the spin potential on it. However I want something that will give me more power from the baseline and still stay in the 12oz area. Would you guys recommend the FP Radical Tour? I have use a 2 handed BH and sometimes one. I think my first serves are pretty strong and I like something with alot of pop. I really want a racquet that can generate spin. Also I'm purely a baseliner and only come in when I have to.
Have you demoed the O3 tour? Many POG users have switched over to that racket.