PDA

View Full Version : yonex rdis 100 93 vs rqis xl 95

michaelavich
05-25-2011, 06:19 PM
i know these are in different weight categories... but has anyone tried both of these? thoughts?

torn betweem the weight i'm used too (12+) or something easier on the shoulder. Currently use a prince precision equipe 95.

ptr
05-26-2011, 02:22 AM
RDiS 93 is stiff - 68. RQiS is very flex. RDiS is medium flex/stiff.

In D Zone
05-26-2011, 07:35 AM
RDis 93 offers more lively raw feel due to the smaller head and stiffer frame. Finding the right string setup and tension is paramount, otherwise, the frame can feel like a brick.

RQiS 1 Tour XL 95 (standard / heavier verison) is offers much more flex but found the frame to be ligther which makes you feel the frame to be unstable. THis can be easily stablize by adding lead at 3 and 9.

For me I prefer the black/ red RQis 1 Tour 95 (standard heavier version)strung with Hybrid instead of full set of Poly. Slightly stiffer and heavier than the XL offers better all around feel to complement my game.

Power level:
1. RDiS 93
2. RQiS 1 Tour 95 (heavier/ Standard Verion)
3. RQiS 1 XL (heavier/ standard Verison)

Shoulder / Comfort:
1. RQiS 1 XL
2. RQis 1 Tour
2. RDiS 93

If you are getting pre-owned copy - make sure you ask the weight listed on the frame to ensure sure you are getting the standard / heavier version.

Gasolina
05-26-2011, 11:50 AM
^^^^

How's the SW of the RQiS Tour vs. the XL 95?

I wanted to get the tour initiall but they said it was very low powered. With the XL 95 I was able to add lead to the 3&9 to fix the stability issues. This bumped up my SW to 330 at 11.8 strung.

michaelavich
05-27-2011, 04:14 AM
Thanks for responses.

michaelavich
05-27-2011, 08:47 AM
any chance of hitting a somewhat heavy ball with the rqis xl?

Bartelby
05-27-2011, 08:51 AM
'Finding the right string setup and tension is paramount, otherwise, the frame can feel like a brick.'

Very true.

Buckethead
05-27-2011, 09:01 AM

Absolutely.

I bought one of the black/red, because of specs preference, but the other one is more powerful and but still has the same mold and drill pattern. So you should be able to hit heavy topspin with it, at least I do.

michaelavich
05-27-2011, 11:16 AM
I know that some yonex (at least older ones) have a bit a of a dead upper hoop.

The RQIS, i hear, has a higher sweetspot. Does the RDIS share this quality?

edman9898
05-27-2011, 12:56 PM
I had 3 RQiS 1 Tour XL 95's that I have played with longer than any other racquet in the last 3 years. It is super stable, I only added lead at 3 and 9 to beef up the SW a little. This racquet is a GREAT all around racquet. The ONLY issue I have had with it is the thick beam. I hit with higher level players quite often and have had no issues whatsoever (except for me framing balls occassionally). That said, I have 2 in the For Sale section if you're interested.

edman9898

michaelavich
05-27-2011, 01:41 PM
Thanks. I might if they were in a smaller grip size. I actually wish they produced the XL 95 in a 4 1/8 but they only made the XL lite and 100 in the size.

edman9898
05-27-2011, 04:17 PM
Thanks. I might if they were in a smaller grip size. I actually wish they produced the XL 95 in a 4 1/8 but they only made the XL lite and 100 in the size.

Hope you find one, they really are great sticks and are not as muted as most of the Yonex's i have played recently. The SW does not feel nearly as high as that of the RDiS 100. Hope I have helped!

michaelavich
05-27-2011, 07:09 PM
Yes thanks
My prince has a somewhat high swingweight at 337 (12.4 oz) or something so all the new yonexes would feel pretty maneuverable. I think that is partly what is affecting my shoulder. It's also super stiff (73) but doesn't have a harsh feel at all. Never had problems from vibrations in my elbow.

Trying to decide wether to go with something super easy on the arm but a big change or something just a teeny bit easier to get around that has some of the characteristics I'm used to (heavy and stiff).

I do enjoy having the mass to block balls back and hit with a lot of weight. I'm used to getting the racquet moving and letting the weight do the rest.

michaelavich
06-09-2011, 06:18 AM
thanks for all the help. I ended up getting the rqis xl. Have hit 2-3 times with and like it so far. Can serve great with it and fells a lot better on my shoulder. Still getting used to it off the ground. Was hitting against the wind the other day and had a bit of trouble there but that should get better once I've adjusted a bit more.

In D Zone
06-09-2011, 11:12 AM
^^^^

How's the SW of the RQiS Tour vs. the XL 95?

I wanted to get the tour initiall but they said it was very low powered. With the XL 95 I was able to add lead to the 3&9 to fix the stability issues. This bumped up my SW to 330 at 11.8 strung.

If you've added lead on the XL that make the SW close to RQiS Tour. I added lead on my XL and now it play similar to the Tour version but the frame is a tad softer on the XL.

The only gripe I had with the RQiS Tour - the standard version seemed to have 2 versions. I have 3 copies - 2 with 1/4 grip but listed 295g and other at over 300 +g. when strung both having the same set up, the 300+g weighs at 12.5oz while the 295g at 12.3 oz. I added lead at 3 and 9 on the lighter frame increase it to 12.5oz. Third copy had 3/8 grip wtih 295 marked on the side strung weight at 12.3 oz.

Like with any racquet - its all about finding the right set up (string, tension and grip) to match your skill. Once you found it, its magic! I own and play types of Yonex and other brands but when it comes to playing a higher skilled opponent or singles match - I always go back to my trusted Rqis Tour.

michaelavich
06-16-2011, 10:00 PM
Have fiddled with the setup on my RQIS XL a bit and an getting more comfortable with it.

I had it restrung with PSGD at 55 and have added a tiny bit of weight. 2 grams at the high end of 3 and 9 (just over the RQIS letters actually) and 4-ish around the top if the handle. Trying to add as little as possible.

Originally I had it strung at 60 with 850 pro. Wasn't getting the pocketing I was looking for and I think I'm just used to the response and feel of the syn gut.