PDA

View Full Version : Replacement for Wilson Hyper Hammer 6.2 OS?

elmr1018
06-26-2005, 10:41 PM
What would be a good racquet to replace my old Wilson Hyper Hammer 6.2 OS? I am a 3.0-3.5 level player. I have a 2-handed backhand and an eastern one hand forehand. The 6.2 is a good racquet and I want something similar to it. A little added control would also help... I also prefer OS racquets...

Is the Wilson N4 OS a good replacement? How about the Prince 03 red?

Any suggestions? (there are no demos in my area)

Thanks!!!

oconnell
06-27-2005, 06:45 AM
To find the closest match, start at Tennis Warehouse. The WHH 6.2 OS specs are at <http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCWILSON-H62.html>. Click "Compare Racquets", and you'll see the WHH specs, that you can tweak and use to compare against other racquets.

I'd also suggest that you demo from TW, since you don't have a shop hear you. TW demo's are easy and inexpensive.

Finally, I'd suggest that you talk to a local pro who can see your game and who can give you advice on the best racquet for your game today. Remember that the racquet technology and your own game are constantly changing, so the best racquet for your game today may be very different from what used to be best.

Good luck.

vefan16
06-28-2005, 04:32 PM
I used the 6.2 and i made a switch to the n5......... do it

Andy Zarzuela
07-02-2005, 01:28 PM
The n4 and n5 are pretty similar in my opinion. I depends on what kind of feel you prefer. The n4 has a more classic feel to it and the n5 has a little bit more dampened feel to it due to the triad construction. They're both great racquets, but the n5 is a bit cheaper.