PDA

View Full Version : A question about weight of the racket

Amateur
06-26-2005, 11:36 PM
I plan to change a racket but I'm wondering what weight of the racket should I choose. I'm about 60KG, and 1.72M high. Can I use the racket which unstrung weight is 310g? or is there any formula to calculate the weight of the racket which is most fit for u?

Thanks a lot.

Exile
06-27-2005, 12:02 AM
So,THAT's how you spell n00b?
JK
You came to the right place.
First off I'll ask, what is your style of play?

Amateur
06-27-2005, 12:19 AM
My playing style is one-handed backhand, and long loopy fast swing. I intend to ncode61 95 (Asian Edition). But I'm wondering about whether I can endure its weight. Can you give me some suggestions?

Steve H.
06-27-2005, 07:33 PM
The Ncode61 95 is pretty heavy, and has a relatively high swingweight.

Maybe if you tell us what you are playing with now, and what you would like to improve, we can give you some ideas. Also, your approximate level, what kind of grip you use, whether you hit flat or with a lot of topspin, and whether you come to the net a lot.

Amateur
06-27-2005, 08:04 PM
Thanks for your reply, Steve H.

I use a fake racket now, which weight is lower than 300g(strung), I think. and it's grip size is 4'1/4, it's 95 square inch, and it's about 2 points HL. I can use this racket stably with one-handed backhand and forehand, and I've been playing tennis for about five years and I guess my level is around 2.5 or 3.0. I hit flat but it's easy to go out of the baseline, so I'm trying to learn how to hit with topspin now. When I have chance I like to come to the net to hit. In addition, when I use my racket to hit with a very fast ball, especially to hit other's serving, I usually miss hit and fall. So what I need to improve include: 1). to learn how to hit with topspin. 2). to learn how to hit with a very fast ball, ( I mean the incoming ball is very fast).

I'm a newcomer here and I feel it's a very great forum here, I hope I can hear your advice soon. Thanks.

Steve H.
06-28-2005, 03:50 AM
I don't know what you mean by a fake racquet, but when you get a "real" racquet make sure you get the right grip size for you. Too small a grip can contribute to your control problems and also cause elbow injuries.

From how you describe your game, you do not want the ncode61. A heavy racquet is harder to maneuver, so it is easy to swing late and mishit on fast balls. Look for something medium weight (actually, around 300g is good) and also medium swingweight. Also, a bigger head size (at least 100 sqin) will help you cut down on mishits.

Some frames that match these specs would include the Prince O3 Red, the Head i.Radical OS and LM Fire, Volkl V-1, Wilson Surge, and ProKennex Ki10. There are many others, depending on what is available where you live. hope this helps -- good luck with your search!

stc9357
06-28-2005, 04:13 AM
I don't know what you mean by a fake racquet, but when you get a "real" racquet make sure you get the right grip size for you. Too small a grip can contribute to your control problems and also cause elbow injuries.

From how you describe your game, you do not want the ncode61. A heavy racquet is harder to maneuver, so it is easy to swing late and mishit on fast balls. Look for something medium weight (actually, around 300g is good) and also medium swingweight. Also, a bigger head size (at least 100 sqin) will help you cut down on mishits.

Some frames that match these specs would include the Prince O3 Red, the Head i.Radical OS and LM Fire, Volkl V-1, Wilson Surge, and ProKennex Ki10. There are many others, depending on what is available where you live. hope this helps -- good luck with your search!

What he means by a fake racket is probaly aluminum racket brought from walmart.

Gaines Hillix
06-28-2005, 04:50 AM
My playing style is one-handed backhand, and long loopy fast swing. I intend to ncode61 95 (Asian Edition). But I'm wondering about whether I can endure its weight. Can you give me some suggestions?

Are Pro Kennex racquets available in your area? I'd recommend trying a PK7G or a Laver Type S. Hopefully, you can demo racquets?