PDA

View Full Version : Do all POG's play the same?

Curly
06-27-2005, 01:59 AM
I have two POG's (mid plus) which have the 4 green stripes which were made in 1987. Do the new Prince Graphite Classic Mids on the TW website, with the new paint jobs, play the same? I'm thinking of getting two of the "newer" models but wasn't sure if there was a significant difference in playability.

Also, of my POG's one has a <Y> Patent while the other has a <P> Patent. What do these letters signify?

ambro
06-27-2005, 08:14 AM
They play similarly, but the newer ones tend to be lighter and stiffer from what I've heard. The ones you have also might be 'dead' frames, as in the graphite has been worn down a lot over time. You'll probably notice a difference between them, which will probably be a good one. I would suggest new frames.

POGO
06-27-2005, 08:26 AM
I have two POG's (mid plus) which have the 4 green stripes which were made in 1987. Do the new Prince Graphite Classic Mids on the TW website, with the new paint jobs, play the same? I'm thinking of getting two of the "newer" models but wasn't sure if there was a significant difference in playability.

Also, of my POG's one has a <Y> Patent while the other has a <P> Patent. What do these letters signify?
The newer ones are a little lighter than the old, but overall play very similar.

the leters in the <> are revision letters from the blue print which the racket was spec'd from. Every now and then, Prince and other manfucturer make slight changes in the design of the racket and the mark the changes in the blue print by changing the revision letter.

I'm surprised that your older POG has a Y revision, as most current Prince rackets have a Y revision.

I've seen POG with B and P revisions.

Would you post a pic of your POG with the 4 stripes showing a Y revision?