PDA

View Full Version : Head Youtek Extreme Pro

BigPaPa
05-27-2011, 10:52 AM
For anyone out there that has used this racquet, what are your thoughts on it?

eidolonshinobi
05-27-2011, 01:03 PM
I bought it last year and sold it. Was too stiff, but I found it better than this year's IG version.

stronzzi70
05-27-2011, 01:06 PM
too much power for me, I loved the feel, also eat a lot string.

Bartelby
05-27-2011, 01:06 PM
It's not any stiffer than any other stiff racquet. It's also quite manoeuvrable and powerful.

wao
05-27-2011, 01:33 PM
For anyone out there that has used this racquet, what are your thoughts on it?I hit with the older version (not the IG). It didn't play as stiff as I origionally thought it would. It had a little to much power for me so I went back to the Rad MP Pro for a time but finally settled in on the IG Speed. My best suggestion is if you can take it out as a Demo and play with it. It is the only way you will know if it suits your game and style of play. Best of luck.

BigPaPa
05-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Thx for all the info guys... i guys ill just have to demo it and see for myself.

quest01
05-27-2011, 05:59 PM
It felt similar to the Babolat APDGT.

HurricaneDominic
05-28-2011, 05:37 AM
I'm thinking of buying a Head Microgel Extreme Pro. I much prefer the paint job and then I'll buy a Head YouTek IG Pro next year when they reveal the new line.
The Head Extreme always seems to have a new model each year, so I think I may as well wait.

TennisMD
05-28-2011, 09:06 AM
For anyone out there that has used this racquet, what are your thoughts on it?

I have a recent thread on this. Recently picked it up again and had two great outings with it. Control not an issue much overdone on this forum there is a group if it is iver 95 sq inches and more than 19 mm thick has to be to powerful. Strange Nadal, Roddick, etc etc play quite well with these type rkts. Getting back tto the rkt question also good plowthrough, serve and groundies. My question is when I pick up a new rkt I always play well honeymoon effect, so also interested in comments on this

BigPaPa
05-28-2011, 09:48 AM
I have a recent thread on this. Recently picked it up again and had two great outings with it. Control not an issue much overdone on this forum there is a group if it is iver 95 sq inches and more than 19 mm thick has to be to powerful. Strange Nadal, Roddick, etc etc play quite well with these type rkts. Getting back tto the rkt question also good plowthrough, serve and groundies. My question is when I pick up a new rkt I always play well honeymoon effect, so also interested in comments on this

Very good point... thx for the input.

TennisMD
05-28-2011, 03:49 PM
Big PaPa, your welcome had another good hit with this. My rkt for most of the 2011 year(play indoors and out so play all year) is the BLX 95 16x18 love the feel of this and weight, but the advantage the Head may have allows more offense on squirley balls such as those struck on clay so unless you are a 20 yo pro most of us are out of position for a couple points a game. Only concern I have is rkts 70 or> in stiffness have potential for arm issues for me, but last three hitting session 2hrs a session the rkt felt comfortable. So any others with comments on arm issues would be appreciated

Hominator
06-09-2011, 05:59 AM
I owned a 2008 MG Extreme Pro and that was the best racquet I've ever served with, ever. It's weight, balance and stiffness were spot on for serving bombs. Is the Youtek version similarly weighted and balanced as the MG version? Thanks.

raguhtheman
06-09-2011, 06:32 AM
As the title says. I recently bought tecnifibre speedflex 315 from one of the board members. I love this racquet. Good on my arm because of silicone in the handle, plenty power. Only thing is bit less control compared to my MG Rad. It's not a big issue. So, far I am liking it.

Lot of people on the board suggested that Extreme Pro is also similar racquet. But, I don't see any comparisons between these two racquets. Has anybody hit with both sticks? If yes, could you share your experiences?