PDA

View Full Version : 14m x16c!!! Vortex Extreme Spin ES108 (pics)

Thepowerofchoice
05-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Anyone try this racquet before? Just picked up this sweet racquet brand new @ the local second hand sporting goods store and will take it out for some "Extreme Spin" later today!!!

Here are very interesting specs:

Length: 27.5in
Pattern 14m x 16c
Weight: 10.8oz (strung)
Flex: 70
Balance: 6Pt HL

http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr84/thepowerofchoice/Vortex/IMG_5211.jpg
http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr84/thepowerofchoice/Vortex/IMG_5212.jpg
http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr84/thepowerofchoice/Vortex/IMG_5213.jpg
http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr84/thepowerofchoice/Vortex/IMG_5215.jpg

Thepowerofchoice
05-27-2011, 12:44 PM
http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr84/thepowerofchoice/Vortex/IMG_5221.jpg
http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr84/thepowerofchoice/Vortex/IMG_5222.jpg
http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr84/thepowerofchoice/Vortex/IMG_5225.jpg

jigar
05-27-2011, 06:06 PM
I want one. What is the head size on this one.

SFrazeur
05-27-2011, 06:13 PM
There was a big thread on these racquets last year.

-SF

Thepowerofchoice
05-28-2011, 02:09 PM
I want one. What is the head size on this one.

I think it's 108 sq. in. I put it on top of my old Head Radical oversize (107?) and it is just a little narrower but slightly bit longer.

I only hit with it for 15 mins yesterday and the tension of the Poly that came with racquet were so low (25-30lbs?) so I will restring it this weekend and take it out again. One thing for sure the spin I can put on the ball with this racquet is crazy. I need to figure out how to control this racquet but my forehand short angle cross-court were just nutty. The ball didn't have a lot of pace to it but when it hit the ground...that when the fun begins. The ball was hopping all over the place, my hitting partner just couldn't believe it. I will report back.

flashfire276
05-28-2011, 02:14 PM
That's a pretty wide beam I see there.
But my gosh, this thing looks incredible! It's an all out power/spin racquet! Happy hitting!

El Diablo
05-28-2011, 03:03 PM
A 108 with a very stiff beam and an ultra-open string pattern?? This can only be useful for scaring people away from the back fence.

Vortex Tour 95
06-04-2011, 07:14 PM
I Have been playing with the vortex ES 100 for over a year. It is absolutely the greatest serve and volley & doubles stick in the world.

I've tried the 108 which is great as well but a bit more of a grand pa stick.

In fact the entire line has been slightly to wide for a serious players stick for singles.

That has all changed with the Vortex tour 95 !!! OMG !!!! This is the holy Grail !!!!!

http://store.vortextennis.com/v/vspfiles/photos/Tour_95-1.jpg

mctennis
06-04-2011, 07:30 PM
I'd like to find a good used Vortex Tour 95. That sounds like a sweet racquet to use.

Thepowerofchoice
06-04-2011, 07:35 PM
^^^Yep I want one too. My Vortex ES108 is now in For Sale section.

Vortex Tour 95
06-04-2011, 08:43 PM
I'd like to find a good used Vortex Tour 95. That sounds like a sweet racquet to use.

I have the tour 100 as well... I'm sure I won't like it as much as the 95

mctennis
06-05-2011, 08:51 PM
I have the tour 100 as well... I'm sure I won't like it as much as the 95

I agree with you. I'd prefer the 95 better.

AndrewD
06-06-2011, 04:03 AM
I Have been playing with the vortex ES 100 for over a year. It is absolutely the greatest serve and volley & doubles stick in the world.

I've tried the 108 which is great as well but a bit more of a grand pa stick.

In fact the entire line has been slightly to wide for a serious players stick for singles.

That has all changed with the Vortex tour 95 !!! OMG !!!! This is the holy Grail !!!!!

They might be good racquets but I've found Vortex impossible to deal with. Lost count of the number of emails I sent them and even tried to contact them through their Twitter account.

I like the concept (I used to play with the Snauwert Hi-Ten 50 and POG Mid - two extremely open string patterns) but I'm stuffed if I know how to get in touch with the people who run the company. Maybe they don't want to deal with people outside the States (I'm in Australia) ?

Vortex Tour 95
06-06-2011, 04:19 AM
They might be good racquets but I've found Vortex impossible to deal with. Lost count of the number of emails I sent them and even tried to contact them through their Twitter account.

I like the concept (I used to play with the Snauwert Hi-Ten 50 and POG Mid - two extremely open string patterns) but I'm stuffed if I know how to get in touch with the people who run the company. Maybe they don't want to deal with people outside the States (I'm in Australia) ?

I can't say that I Blame you.....it's a tiny company.

But you can just call Tom the owner on his cell phone or just text him:

(949) 254-3696

Problem solved?

AndrewD
06-07-2011, 02:17 AM
I can't say that I Blame you.....it's a tiny company.

But you can just call Tom the owner on his cell phone or just text him:

(949) 254-3696

Problem solved?

Not really. As I said, I live in Australia. As a result, phoning the United States certainly isn't ideal and sending a text message is out of the question. Also, it does make me a bit concerned that I can't contact them if anything went wrong with the order, etc.

Perhaps, if you've got some connection to the brand (in whatever capacity, even just as someone who has bought from them) you could have a word to them about the problems I found.

Vortex Tour 95
06-07-2011, 09:27 AM
Not really. As I said, I live in Australia. As a result, phoning the United States certainly isn't ideal and sending a text message is out of the question. Also, it does make me a bit concerned that I can't contact them if anything went wrong with the order, etc.

Perhaps, if you've got some connection to the brand (in whatever capacity, even just as someone who has bought from them) you could have a word to them about the problems I found.

Sorry I don't have a connection at all except that I love the stick. I live in NY and the company is in CA.

Vortex seems to have only a few employees and judging from their horrible website they don't seem very computer savvy.

I myself simply text them. There are ways to make free phone calls ....There's skype amd penny talk or magic jack just to name a few.

Personally I think if you don't call then you both lose.

tailofdog
06-07-2011, 10:47 AM

Andrew , Calling Vortex is cheap and, they will allow you to return the racquet if you don't like it. I can't use them because i thought my arm was going to fall off. (DUE TO THE STIFFNESS) All the stuff about their website was the same last year when i dealt with them. It doesen't look like that will change.I would guess they will struggle to make a mark on the industry but, they were straight up to deal with. I sold my 2 racquets to people here. Both love them!!

Vortex Tour 95
06-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Andrew , Calling Vortex is cheap and, they will allow you to return the racquet if you don't like it. I can't use them because i thought my arm was going to fall off. (DUE TO THE STIFFNESS) All the stuff about their website was the same last year when i dealt with them. It doesen't look like that will change.I would guess they will struggle to make a mark on the industry but, they were straight up to deal with. I sold my 2 racquets to people here. Both love them!!

They are stiff.....but I only play with stiff racquets.

You should try the new 95 though. It's a huge improvement. They should have thought of that from the start .

Vortex Tour 95
06-07-2011, 01:56 PM

Good point....

Just order the racquet online. If you don't like it then return it. No phone calls, no texts.....no problem.