PDA

View Full Version : Yonex Rdis 100 mid

BigPaPa
05-27-2011, 01:40 PM
Im really interested in this racquet as it seems to have good reviews, but what im wondering for those out there that have hit with this, is the 93 in head size more forgiving then others with the same head size? And what are some other thoughts you have to say about the racquet?

tennis_balla
05-27-2011, 02:08 PM
Yes it is more forgiving I find and more spin generated. As to my thoughts on the racket? I like it, feels great, I'm switching to the Ti-80's but nothing wrong with the RDiS 100 Mid's. Whatever I say about the racket I'm sure you've read before, so go out and demo it and give it a shot. Its the only way of knowing if its for you or not.

yonexpurestorm
05-27-2011, 02:27 PM
real stiff. i playtested a few racquets and chose this one because i always played with a yonex in high school. it killed my elbow, but loved the racquet. big serve and a lot of spin. if your elbow can handle the stiffness i say its a great racquet. i had to sell mine for a flexier frame though.

hacker
05-27-2011, 08:16 PM
I used the RDiS Mid for about 4 months and really liked the feel. I know it's stiff, but I never had any arm problems. For some reason I just couldn't dial in my serve. I never had any problems with any other 93 frame. Recently switched to the Youtek Prestige MP and my serve is back. The Yonex is a nice stick, but demo is a good idea.

Bartelby
05-27-2011, 08:39 PM
It's a cushioned firmness or stiffness, rather than the jarring kind. You need the non-muscling, let the racquet do the work technique on serve and groundstroke.

philosoraptor
05-28-2011, 07:00 AM
I bought 2 and stringing them up today, but here's what I really liked about this racquet from my demo:
-great, great control; I could aim anywhere on court and aim the ball at the perfect spot
-plowthrough and feel: this racquet, even though it has a high RA rating felt fine on ground to me(ps. that doesn't mean you go off and string the stiffest thing you can get on here. try stuff that is softer than what you'd normally go for) The plowthrough was fantastic, you could really feel the ball going through the racquet(hopefully that makes sense, haha)
-ample power: again, the plowthrough really helped here, I could hit deep paced balls on both my forehand and my 2 hander.. I couldn't really dial in with my slice but I think that was just my technique that day

I'm stringing them with rpm or tourbite mains and vs gut crosses and my 2nd with the same mains and x-one crosses

BigPaPa
05-28-2011, 09:02 AM
Thanks for all the input guys, im gonna be demoing this soon because i think it fits my style of game perfectly.

dekko1
05-28-2011, 09:48 AM
I bought 2 and stringing them up today, but here's what I really liked about this racquet from my demo:
-great, great control; I could aim anywhere on court and aim the ball at the perfect spot
-plowthrough and feel: this racquet, even though it has a high RA rating felt fine on ground to me(ps. that doesn't mean you go off and string the stiffest thing you can get on here. try stuff that is softer than what you'd normally go for) The plowthrough was fantastic, you could really feel the ball going through the racquet(hopefully that makes sense, haha)
-ample power: again, the plowthrough really helped here, I could hit deep paced balls on both my forehand and my 2 hander.. I couldn't really dial in with my slice but I think that was just my technique that day

I'm stringing them with rpm or tourbite mains and vs gut crosses and my 2nd with the same mains and x-one crosses

This is also how I feel about the racquet.
It did take me about 1 month to get 100% used to it with all my strokes, spin, slice.
The racquet is 93, but sure feels that it has a bigger sweetspot than another 93 racquet.
Don't listen to people saying it is too stiff, and they got TE using it. I have had Golf Elbow in the past, and I have been playing with this racquet for about 14 months now, with no pain. It has also really low level of vibration compared to racquets like Pure Drive, Prestige, and I don't use a dampener. So this might help preventing any elbow pain.

Buckethead
05-28-2011, 06:48 PM
This is also how I feel about the racquet.
It did take me about 1 month to get 100% used to it with all my strokes, spin, slice.
The racquet is 93, but sure feels that it has a bigger sweetspot than another 93 racquet.
Don't listen to people saying it is too stiff, and they got TE using it. I have had Golf Elbow in the past, and I have been playing with this racquet for about 14 months now, with no pain. It has also really low level of vibration compared to racquets like Pure Drive, Prestige, and I don't use a dampener. So this might help preventing any elbow pain.

I agree about the low frequency vibs(nonexistent) and it was a very solid racket, didn't notice it to be stiff (that hurts you) though, I tested with whatever it came from, probably with already many pounds of tension loss and it was synthetic hybrid string set up.

It wasn't my type of racket , you can see what I use.