PDA

View Full Version : This AIN't no LIGHT stick!!!!!!

edman9898
05-27-2011, 06:25 PM
Had to throw the AIN"T in there (I'm from TX):). So you're wondering which stick I'm talking about? The mixture of the BLX Tour 90 and the Biomimetic 200, the one and only BIOMIMETIC 200 LITE!!! I got my first hit in yesterday and all I could say was WOW. Finally, a stick with the same box beam, control, and string pattern of the BLX Tour and the feel and headsize of the Bio 200 in a 11.5 oz package. I want to hit a little more before I give a full review (if anyone is interested) but I've got to say, anyone looking for a mid 11 oz racquet that feels like a BLX 90 in a lighter, 95 inch headsize should seriously take this racquet for a test drive. Or, someone looking for a more open pattern 200 that they can lead up to the 200 specs.I'll report back in a few days.

edman9898
05-27-2011, 08:13 PM
One thing I forgot to ask. Any lead suggestions that people are using with this stick currently. This racquet swings EXTREMELY fast. I was thinking a few grams at 2 and 10 might not hurt.

Netspirit
05-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Bio 200 lite is the stick Federer could switch to: a bit lighter, a bit bigger, but still with a ton of feel and control.

Adding too much lead kind of defeats the whole idea of 200 lite, turning it into regular 200 (+ open pattern, though). You can buy a regular 200 if you need the heft.

What I did - I removed the original grip and replaced it with TW's leather grip (1.3, to reduce the grip size a bit). It now feels and plays more substantial with the extra mass in the handle, but remains very head light. Initially I had this idea of adding lead to 3 and 9, but right now I am still not sure I need any.

edman9898
05-28-2011, 08:34 AM
Yes, Federer really could switch to this stick. I feel like I am a little early on everything because the racquet swings so fast thru the air, but I am going to give it a few more outings to adjust before I add any lead. I actually feel like I may need to increase the grip size just a bit.

Nextman916
05-28-2011, 08:51 AM
When I had a 200 lite, I felt the same way about needing weight in the head/overall mass like you all. But I found when adding lead, it greatly changed the feel of the racquet (way more muted) to a degree that really altered the original liveliness. It's the first time I've had that problem.

Don't get me wrong I'm a lead lover, preferring sticks in the 12.2-12.5oz range. But for some reason the stick really changed to me when lead was added.

TimothyO
05-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Calling this thing "lite" was a huge marketing blunder. "Tour" or "Team" would have been far better.

edman9898
05-29-2011, 10:13 AM
Nextman, are you still playing this stick? Did you adjust pretty quickly to how fast the racquet swings?

Timothy, I couldn't agree more. "Team" would have been much more suitable.

TheBoom
05-29-2011, 10:23 AM
The point of calling it lite was to attract people to the line and compared to the 200 or tour version it is very lite

T-ennis 888
05-30-2011, 05:46 AM
Had to throw the AIN"T in there (I'm from TX):). So you're wondering which stick I'm talking about? The mixture of the BLX Tour 90 and the Biomimetic 200, the one and only BIOMIMETIC 200 LITE!!! I got my first hit in yesterday and all I could say was WOW. Finally, a stick with the same box beam, control, and string pattern of the BLX Tour and the feel and headsize of the Bio 200 in a 11.5 oz package. I want to hit a little more before I give a full review (if anyone is interested) but I've got to say, anyone looking for a mid 11 oz racquet that feels like a BLX 90 in a lighter, 95 inch headsize should seriously take this racquet for a test drive. Or, someone looking for a more open pattern 200 that they can lead up to the 200 specs.I'll report back in a few days.

I currently have a 4D 200 Tour in my bag which is absolutely superb - just rock solid, but have in the past tried the AG300 and AG 4D 300 Tour and found them annoyingly unstable when playing a massive hitter.

I'm not looking to buy a Lite by any stretch of the imagination but am curious as to whether the Lite gets pushed around if you're facing a big hitter? For those who have tried it, would you mind sharing? Thanks in advance!

Nextman916
05-30-2011, 03:06 PM
Nextman, are you still playing this stick? Did you adjust pretty quickly to how fast the racquet swings?

Timothy, I couldn't agree more. "Team" would have been much more suitable.

No I never could, thats why I noted the change in feel after some lead adjustments. The stick just didn't workout for me.

Recoveringhobo
05-30-2011, 03:50 PM
I've been playing with the 4D version of this racquet for about a year. It's an amazing stick. I believe it has more control than any other 16x19 with 95 sq. in head size in the market. Nevertheless, it has low very low power because of its weight. If it was a lighter stick than I think I could have gotten more racquet head speed, and if it was a heaver stick than I think it could have "plowed" through the ball more.

When I was originally demoing racquets last year I believed that I needed a low power stick, but as time has gone on I've realized that I might need a little more power. There is easily enough power for me when the ball is in my strike zone, but when it's out of my strike zone I just can't seem to get much pace. That problem coupled with a tiny sweet spot has forced me to reconsider racquets. I'll be demoing 16x19 frames that will give me a little more oomph than this stick.

edman9898
06-05-2011, 10:08 AM
After a little more play, I can say this is not a low powered stick. I had it strung at 55 lbs initially, but I'm going to bump it to 60 next. Also, I am going to try adding a small amount of lead to see if it might help my slices and volleys. The racquet is not unstable, it just cuts thru the air so fast that often I get too much spin and not enough backbone. Angled groundies with this sick are insane! Serves are good too. It absolutely does not get pushed around. One of those racquets that doesn't do anything mind blowing, but does everything great. Won my first match playing with this stick 2 and 2!