PDA

View Full Version : Head IG Speed Elite vs Babolat Pure Drive Lite GT

SCapps
05-28-2011, 11:33 AM
I have narrowed down my choice for a new racquet to two: Head IG Speed Elite or Babolat Pure Drive Lite GT. Can anyone who has used these 2 racquets please share the pro's and con's of each and your experience with them. I appreciate the help in advance!

flashfire276
05-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Definitely go with the Elite.
The Speed Elite is essentially a shaved-off player's racquet. It has all the demanding specs, but in a light weight package. Great feel for its weight class, and nice control too! And as you keep playing, you can put lead to add more weight, in order to get more mass if you ever want it.
The PD Lite GT, amazingly stiff. And at such a light weight, that's even more damage to your elbow. So beware.

Nikae
06-07-2011, 02:03 PM
I have narrowed down my choice for a new racquet to two: Head IG Speed Elite or Babolat Pure Drive Lite GT. Can anyone who has used these 2 racquets please share the pro's and con's of each and your experience with them. I appreciate the help in advance!

what did you go for in the end?

SCapps
06-07-2011, 08:51 PM
I actually decided to go with the Babolat Pure Drive GT but not the lite version. I am very happy with my decision so far, I am just trying out different strings to find what works best for me. I have it strung with RPM Blast at 58lbs right now but I have ordered the Pro Hurricane Tour/Excel Hybrid and Black Magic to try next.