PDA

View Full Version : Which Racquets you recommend for 3.0 level player?

stas12
05-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Hello.

I am 24 years old (Height: 1.9meters), and I was playing tennis for about a two years about 13 years ago. Now I returned to play tennis, I am playing about 3-4 hours a week, I am in about 3.0-3.5 level of playing.

Nowadays I am using a friend's racquets: Head Ti.Elite & Wilson n5.3.

I love the control that I have with the Head, but it lacks some power, also it is a bit light to me.

I am looking for a racquet in 100-102 sq.in size that combines a good control and power, and with a forgiving behavior. And also that is not too light so it will absorb fast shots vibrations. Also please recommend for a strings that will be a good combination with the racquet.

I was thinking about the Volkl V1 Power bridge Mid+, what are you say about this frame?

Thanks.

Thanks.

Praetorian
05-28-2011, 10:11 PM
You should demo it, and some of the recommended similar rackets listed. It's one thing to pick by what's "on paper", and by what feels right. gl

stas12
05-29-2011, 01:16 AM
You should demo it, and some of the recommended similar rackets listed. It's one thing to pick by what's "on paper", and by what feels right. gl

I understand that I should demo it, but I am from overseas so I cant order demo racquets from TW.

But I tried the Volkl V1 Power Bridge Mid+ and I liked it very much, I asked if there any similar racquets that you recommend?

Thanks.

goran_ace
05-29-2011, 03:17 AM
This is the most important thing:

But I tried the Volkl V1 Power Bridge Mid+ and I liked it very much

The V1 is a fine all round racket for you.

LeeD
05-29-2011, 06:39 AM
I have the exact HeadTi, it's too light, too light in SW, in sorta flexi, has no power.
Any racket is better. My HeadLMRads, DunlopMil and Aero200's, Aero500's, all hit harder, has better feel, and are more solid.

GorillaPeanuts
05-29-2011, 09:30 PM
Try the Microgel Radical Line, cheap and an amazing frame.

frunk
05-29-2011, 10:04 PM
Everyone seems to <3 babolat...