PDA

View Full Version : Technifibre racquets

yellow ball
05-29-2011, 02:43 PM
What do you think about Technifibre racquets in general?! I've tried T-Flash and T-Fight line and I must say that I'm really impressed !!! Great feel, fantastic PJ. TF is producing some hight quality racquets.

getsby
05-29-2011, 10:23 PM
I agree about the PJ. SpeedFlex 315 seems my most beautiful racket in the market. Playing characteristics, as well at altitude. Excellent control, power. Not a very big sweet spot for the 100`s head. The biggest drawback-form handles. I prefer a round, here-ellipse

all-court-loser
05-29-2011, 11:59 PM
I agree about the PJ. SpeedFlex 315 seems my most beautiful racket in the market.

then you better stock up on those racquets before tecnifibre is releasing their new more traditional paintjobs (and a new tec) in august! ;)

Ross K
05-30-2011, 12:21 AM
Though initially impressed, I soon found the TF320 to have a tinny feel I could never quite get on with, plus it's very stiff.

lefty100
05-31-2011, 06:09 AM
then you better stock up on those racquets before tecnifibre is releasing their new more traditional paintjobs (and a new tec) in august! ;)

Do you have anymore information on the new racquets/

ollinger
05-31-2011, 06:16 AM
I don't know if they still put aluminum layering in but they sure feel like it. All the TF frames I've used have a slightly harsh pinging quality. TF seems to be in search of a rationale. The "texalium" aluminum thing in their first racquets was never really explained -- why is this a good thing? -- and the Speedflex notion of graduated shaft flex made little sense in a racquet (Speedflex 315) that plays stiff as a board. They've offered no good reason why you should buy their racquets, and a few (limited colors, cartoon graphics) why you shouldn't.

Torres
05-31-2011, 06:31 AM
I liked the old T-Fight 320 from a couple of years ago - the feel and weighting of it, but I haven't tried their current range.

Power Player
05-31-2011, 06:31 AM
Ollinger, that's overly dramatic.

The newer Tfibre sticks were stiff and meant for modern players using full poly, who liked heavy spin and baselining. It's that simple.

ollinger
05-31-2011, 09:06 AM
Sure, but my point was that the "stepladder" flex arrangement on the shaft seems more cosmetic than anything else, as the racquet plays very stiff.

Gasolina
05-31-2011, 09:29 AM
I have a 325 VO2 max. Should've went with the 320 VO2 but overestimated myself :P

The racquet is pretty stiff and produces an pinging sound. Try playing without a dampener and you'll sound like a xylophone.

Very good players frame though. Produces heavy spinny shots. A bit too heavy for me I guess.

billsgwn
05-31-2011, 10:25 AM
I have a 325 VO2 max. Should've went with the 320 VO2 but overestimated myself :P

The racquet is pretty stiff and produces an pinging sound. Try playing without a dampener and you'll sound like a xylophone.

Very good players frame though. Produces heavy spinny shots. A bit too heavy for me I guess.

The first time i hit with my TF i couldnt believe the sounds it made but after putting on a dampener I really liked it.