PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Tennis Tutor?

TwistServe
04-24-2004, 10:22 PM
Anyone using or have used the Tennis Tutor Jr, Tennis Tutor, or Tennis Tutor Pro?..

What are your opinions on those machines? The price difference between a Jr and a Pro is significant.. Is a Jr satisfactory or do I really need the speed + spin?

ian5
04-25-2004, 05:41 PM
I have tried all 3 models. The Pro lite is ok, but you will probably be disappointed with the speed on it. I purchased the Tennis Tutor 2 and have been very happy. I tried the Tutor plus and did not feel I need the spin feature. (I am a 5.0 all court player and don't have any problems with spin) Also, there is a considerable size & weight difference between the two. My wife could not move the plus without too much effort.

Capt. Willie
04-25-2004, 09:26 PM
I have a Tennis Tutor Model 1 that I bought around 1998. It still works fine, although I don't use it that often. It is pretty basic, no spin option but does have an osolator. But for me, it does the job when I just want to practice a specific shot. My only complaint would be that it has the lower grade battery and I'm lucky if I get an hour out of a charge. If I had to do it over I would have moved up to one that had a longer lasting battery.

djbrown
04-26-2004, 09:48 AM
I have had the 4 Plus model for nearly two years now and love it.

gmlasam
06-03-2004, 06:20 PM
I have the model 2. I purchased it new in 1999, and have probably put in about 800 hours of use it. It came with the heavy duty battery, about 4 to 6 hours of play when new, but now I no get about 2 to 4 hours of play. The replacement battery is only $75.00, and the have an external AC adapter that will allow the recharger models to be plugged in to an AC jack for longer use.

I've been very happy with my tennis tutor indeed.

jbrooksgiu
06-03-2004, 07:00 PM
I just purchased the TTplus2. I originally purchased the pro lite and within one practice session I knew it would not be enough. I returned the pro lite in exchange for the plus 2 and have no regrets. The extra speed is nice to have especially when working at the net. I could have probably done without the spin feature but I is nice to have the variety. Overall I am quite pleased with my purchase. The unit seems to be very well built with the exception of the flaps that hold the balls. They seem flimsy. I also like the smart charger that allows you to leave the machine plugged in 24/7 without the worry of overcharging the battery. Good luck.