PDA

View Full Version : What is the best perfomance and the most wrist and arm friendly racket?

tennis-kid
05-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Hi everyone,

I am new to this community. I am wondering what is overall best performance and the most wrist/arm friendly racket. Could you tell me your experience if you tested the racket or if you know reliable data source?
Thank you

brownsfan456
05-30-2011, 04:23 PM
I know a lot of people really like the Dunlop 500 for a nice combination. Personally I use the 300 which I feel is a good arm friendly racket that performs.

prjacobs
05-30-2011, 04:43 PM
It's helpful to the forum community if you mention your type and level of play, what frame you're currently using and what you've used in the past...
As someone who played for a year and a half with the dunlop 4D 500 tour, it is a very stiff frame. Not for sensitive arms at all.
You should look at more flexible frames. Volkls come to mind. Also lots of Prince frames. You can also use the TW racquet finder and look for flexy sticks. http://www.racquetfinder.com/
Search the forum and you'll find lots of discussions about this. Prokennex is widely used by players with a history of arm trouble. Good luck.

Spin-A-Lot
05-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Don't forget to take into account the strings ;)...a lot of people forget this crucial component...check out http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/LC/StringReference.html for more on this or this very helpful thread http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=184942

This thread also helped me understand more about racquet selection http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=160692

NLBwell
05-30-2011, 05:32 PM
Generally arm-friendly, especially elbow-friendly rackets are flexier, heavier ones that damp vibration well. Wrist, however, could be a different story depending on what stroke errors you are making to cause your wrist to hurt. It is usually not so much because of a vibration problem. Maybe lighter or heavier - can't really say. Fix your strokes.

meowmix
05-30-2011, 06:07 PM
Generally speaking without knowing anything about your game, take a look at Prokennex. Despite the specs on their rackets, their rackets are incredibly arm friendly (at least, their Kinetic Technology/Ionic Technology/shifting sand really works).

eleventeenth street
05-30-2011, 07:34 PM
the prince exo3 tours are supposed to be extremely arm-friendly as well as being well reviewed by many members of this board as well as the TW staff.

flashfire276
05-30-2011, 07:39 PM
It's been highly reigned, and not many people (if any) can disagree.
Head MicroGEL Radical MP.
One of the easiest and most forgiving racquets in the Player's racquet lineup. Had great specs for the most demanding game, and also being easy to use, even if you just started playing. And of course, it's amazingly soft on the wrist/arm.
And for the wrist, just make sure your form is correct!

Timbo's hopeless slice
05-30-2011, 08:20 PM
I use the dunlop 200 and the 300. I have a 500 Tour that hits the ball brilliantly but is very hard on my 44 year old arm..

The 200 might be a bit heavy for you but the 300 is a brilliant racquet that plays like a pro stick but is only 11 oz strung.

Another coach who I play comp with has the MG Radical, they ae very similar but he agrees my Dunlop is a 'sweeter' stick. (the specs are almost identical, the stiffness rating on TW seems far too high)

Rabbit
05-30-2011, 08:32 PM
Prince EXO 3 Tour.....

it's like butter....

Roadway
05-30-2011, 09:21 PM
PK's Type C Redondo is so arm-friendly.

tennis-kid
05-30-2011, 10:55 PM
I've been using Wilson titanium 5.0 hammer. I think it is not legit model. The second racket is also Wilson similar model.
I don't have fast swing nor top spin that much. So I need more top spin and more power. I developed tennis elbow a few years ago so I stopped playing for a while. Then, recently I started playing again and I felt wrist discomfort after playing few hours. I need really arm friendly and good overall performance racket as I originally mentioned. I appreciate all your comments. If someone has more recommendation I will be happy to hear. Thanks

Ronaldo
05-30-2011, 11:30 PM
I've been using Wilson titanium 5.0 hammer. I think it is not legit model. The second racket is also Wilson similar model.
I don't have fast swing nor top spin that much. So I need more top spin and more power. I developed tennis elbow a few years ago so I stopped playing for a while. Then, recently I started playing again and I felt wrist discomfort after playing few hours. I need really arm friendly and good overall performance racket as I originally mentioned. I appreciate all your comments. If someone has more recommendation I will be happy to hear. Thanks

Demo the Volkl game-improvement racquets, Sounds like you want a lighter racquet that adds a bit of power.

prjacobs
05-31-2011, 03:11 AM
Demo the Volkl game-improvement racquets, Sounds like you want a lighter racquet that adds a bit of power.

Agreed... Here's the classic that everyone loves..
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Volkl_Power_Bridge_V1_Midplus/descpageRCVOLKL-VPBV1.html

moketrumpet@hotmail.com
05-31-2011, 03:17 AM
Babolat Pure Storm Limited GT strung mid range is excellent.

TimothyO
05-31-2011, 03:27 AM
Volkl's PB series using the sensor tour handle system. I had arm issues and tried a bunch of different frames. None comes close to Volkl.

If Volkl is not an option for you try the Wilson Shock Shield replacement grip. Truly amazing comfort rivaling Volkl. I use it with my beloved Pure Storm Ltd GT.

Strings are critical too and gut is the best.

TennisCJC
06-06-2011, 06:39 AM
Any volkl is great on the arm BB V1, PV V1 are good tweener rackets with excellent comfort, power, and playability. PB 10, PB 10 295, X10, or X10 295 are great players rackets with excellent comfort, power, and playability.

I have not demo-ed dunlop 500 or 500 T but the specs would not lead me to view it as a comfort racket. I have demo-ed the bio 300 and ag 4d 300 and this was a very comfortable racket.

mctennis
06-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Volkl V1 Classic. Great all around racquet. It is arm/shoulder friendly. It also grows with your skill level as well. So no need to keep buying newer racquets when your skill level improves. Two pros at my club use them and they play in lots of competitive tournaments when they aren't teaching. You can't beat the price either.

Miami Tiburon
06-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Donnay frames with soft strings are very easy on the arm

Baxter
06-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Generally speaking without knowing anything about your game, take a look at Prokennex. Despite the specs on their rackets, their rackets are incredibly arm friendly (at least, their Kinetic Technology/Ionic Technology/shifting sand really works).

I had arm pain (elbow and above, no wrist pain) so bad a few years ago that it was either give up the game or find a solution. I tried a Pro-Kennex 7G and my pain went away in a few weeks and has stayed away. I use 17 G VS gut, which I'm sure also helps.

Just for the heck of it I tried my son's Babolat Pure Storm last week strung with Poly/Synthetic gut. Huge mistake. My arm hurt for a week after only three sets of play.

I'm a 4.0 that plays about three times a week.

Fuzzy
06-06-2011, 12:48 PM
another vote for exo3 tour

tennis-kid
06-06-2011, 03:12 PM
I bought Volkl Organix 10 295g. It is on the way and I am excited. Let me tell you how it goes after I play with it. This morning I went to CPR class and my arm pain came back after the class. Oh God. Hopely it goes away by the time my racket arrives.

Ronaldo
06-06-2011, 03:17 PM
Never had any problems using any version of the Head Prestige. Not the easiest to use for those who like light racquets.

Fuji
06-06-2011, 04:40 PM
I bought Volkl Organix 10 295g. It is on the way and I am excited. Let me tell you how it goes after I play with it. This morning I went to CPR class and my arm pain came back after the class. Oh God. Hopely it goes away by the time my racket arrives.

It's funny you mention that! When I was in a paramedic course last year, we were doing some exercises and I really hurt my wrist. Darn courses and their hard work... :)

The Organix 10 295 should be a good fit for your arm! A guy at a shop I go to uses one and he loves it. Says it's super comfy and he plays 5.0, and a great frame to grow with for younger players. (He loans it to a lot of his students with arm problems!)

Have fun, and good luck with your arm!

-Fuji

Steve Huff
06-06-2011, 07:46 PM
I've used the Pro Kennex ki 5 and/or the Fischer M Speed 105 for the past few years, solely because they are the easiest on my arm. I have some arm issues due to other medical problems, so arm comfort is my highest priority. There are a few others, but I think these have been the best.

Baxter
06-09-2011, 12:20 AM
I think posts from people who say "I use this racket and don't have any problems" don't get to the point. I'm 55 and my first non wood racket was a 200g, which I loved, no arm pain back in the early 80's. In 88 or so (33 years old) I jumped on the widebody bandwagon and ended up at my doctors office with horrible shoulder pain. I went to a Yonex 2200 Cyborg with VS gut and all was good for many years until the arm pain came back about three years ago. I used these forums and ended up with a Pro Kennex 7g/VS gut and I love playing tennis again.

This guy 20 years younger than I am that I never had a problem with beat me about a month ago and he told me it's because of his new Pure Drive/Poly/gut and it's true. He launches huge topspin forehands on the return and I can't deal with it. I play tested that racket and my arm hurt for a week!

I'm play testing a Ki 5x tomorrow with my long term doubles partner who is moving up from a 7G. PK tech kept me in the game.