PDA

View Full Version : Yonex Question

iMpro
05-30-2011, 06:54 PM
I've ordered a couple demos, but I'm just curious as to what you all think about the differences/similarities between various Yonex models in terms of control/spin/power. The ones I'm looking at are:
-RDiS 200
-RQiS Tour (or XL 95 version)
-V Core 98? (I know it's new, but from what I've read from a couple threads already, the vcore is similar to the RDiS 100 MP.)
I've been hitting with the Pure Drive GT Roddick for the past year, but I'm just trying to find something a little more forgiving and control oriented. I don't have trouble with elbow/arm issues, in fact I usually prefer a stiffer frame which is why I might not like the RDiS 200, but well just have to wait and see. PLEASE share any knowledge/experiences!

Fuji
05-30-2011, 07:08 PM
I use the RQiS 1 Tour, and I love it. Low powered, fairly soft, and very spin friendly. Basically the total opposite of your PDR.

It might be a fun demo for you. I actually used a PD for a while, and when I switched to the RQiS1Tour, it was awesome! So much more control and spin!

-Fuji

iMpro
05-30-2011, 07:39 PM
I use the RQiS 1 Tour, and I love it. Low powered, fairly soft, and very spin friendly. Basically the total opposite of your PDR.

It might be a fun demo for you. I actually used a PD for a while, and when I switched to the RQiS1Tour, it was awesome! So much more control and spin!

-Fuji

Was it hard for you to get used to the 95 instead of 100? Also which string are you using, i liked RPM for the first couple weeks, then it felt like wet cardboard

esgee48
05-30-2011, 09:16 PM
That's because polys like RPM are good only for 10-15 hours of hitting. The harder you hit, the shorter their lifeline. After that, the strings are dead.

vandre
05-31-2011, 08:20 AM
Was it hard for you to get used to the 95 instead of 100? Also which string are you using, i liked RPM for the first couple weeks, then it felt like wet cardboard

i'm not fuji, but i went from a yonex rds003 (100 sq in) to the rqis tour 1 (95). it didn't really take that much getting used to in terms of the difference in headsizes; i missed the half inch length more (especially on serves) than i missed the 5 inches of hitting area.