PDA

View Full Version : Cost of finding matching sticks

Toshi
05-31-2011, 05:03 PM
I've told that the cost of finding matching sticks at TW is $10 per racket and $20 per racket with MRT customization. I read somewhere in TT (couldn't find the thread) that it was free to find a matching pair but cost a bit for MRT customization. Did TW change the fee for finding a matching sticks?

TW Staff
05-31-2011, 06:13 PM
The free service, which included finding two racquets from the bin that are closest in static weight, is now a $10 flat fee. Please note that this is not a "racquet matching" process per se, as it ONLY includes finding two racquets in stock that are the closest in static weight. I stress this to make it clear that it does not mean the racquets will have an identical static weight, as we've had customers in the past expecting identical racquets when it is simply not the service they are paying for.

The MRT customization "Matching" service is indeed $20 per each racquet modified as this includes modifying to a specific static weight, swing weight, and balance.

Spencer, TW.

ChipNCharge
06-06-2011, 08:20 AM
The free service, which included finding two racquets from the bin that are closest in static weight, is now a $10 flat fee.

That's a bummer. That free service is what separated TW from the other online tennis retailer yuck-yucks.

zumzool
06-06-2011, 01:00 PM
That's a bummer. That free service is what separated TW from the other online tennis retailer yuck-yucks.

Ummm, what separates TW from other retailers is better customer service, selection, and these forums.

TW Staff
06-07-2011, 09:27 AM
I was slightly incorrect in what the "matching" service includes. The $10 fee includes: Customers can request a weight and or swing weight that we can match as "closely" as possible. No alterations can be made to the racquets for this service; i.e. adding lead weight. This service is flat fee for as many racquets the customer wants to purchase that are "close" in the specs (static weight and/or swingweight) requested.

Spencer, TW.

Toshi
06-07-2011, 09:36 AM
I was slightly incorrect in what the "matching" service includes. The $10 fee includes: Customers can request a weight and or swing weight that we can match as "closely" as possible. No alterations can be made to the racquets for this service; i.e. adding lead weight. This service is flat fee for as many racquets the customer wants to purchase that are "close" in the specs (static weight and/or swingweight) requested.

Spencer, TW.

TW found a pair with the exactly same weight and swing weight! My brother was happy to have an identical pairs with only $10 (thought it was $20). I think it is reasonably priced but don't mind as a free service (to distinguish TW from other retailers)!

ryohazuki222
06-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Really wish I saw this before I ordered my new rackets... Didn't realize TW offered this service. Maybe I'll sell them on TW fs forums and try again. hahaha.

diredesire
06-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Really wish I saw this before I ordered my new rackets... Didn't realize TW offered this service. Maybe I'll sell them on TW fs forums and try again. hahaha.

How off are your frames? You'll probably lose money by selling and trying again. Use a round stick, check your balance point, and add some lead to compensate, it's more fun anyways ;)

Cup8489
03-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Bumping this instead of starting a new thread:

For the 10 dollar service, do you check all stock frames to look for matches? Because I plan on ordering a pair of extremes tomorrow, and would prefer to have them matched if possible, but would like to avoid having to get them actually customized if I can help it (i'll do that myself if it's needed)