PDA

View Full Version : POG comes thru

maverick447
06-27-2005, 10:16 AM
Its been almost 9mths since I got this POG OS . I wasnt too comfortable about playing with it as I used to play with the head Radical Tour OS and was more forgiving .

The folks at TW asked me persist with POG and iron out my shot mechanics and ive seen some positive changes . After 9 months , I like the racquet better . I ve observed the following :

The optimal string tension for me was 56-57 . I tried string this initially around 65 and was not feeling comfortable .

1 . I have a kickserver , I was able to generate more spin .
2 . Forehands have more topspin and bite.

All in all it seems to be a more friendlier stick now. I dont think I am gonna revert to my old racquet .

One a different note I see players in my club (irrespective of their game ) make it a point to upgrade their racquets . What should be the prime motive to move to a newer type of racquet ? Is there a newer type of racquet that plays similar to the POG ?

Gaines Hillix
06-27-2005, 11:02 AM
Motives for changing racquets vary with the individual, of course. Some people do it because they think it's cool to come out on the court with the newest $200 stick, others like to experiment, some change because their game has improved so they want to move up to a racquet suited for a more advanced player or they blame their current racquet for their poor play and go on a search for the holy grail of racquets that is going to turn them into the next Roger Federer :-) . If the POG is working well for you, work on your technique and conditioning and forget about the racquet.