PDA

View Full Version : Best place to put lead on the Dunlop Biomimetic 300?

Darkstriker97
05-31-2011, 06:27 PM
I want to put lead to get it to about 11.6oz.......where should I put it.

Btw, I'm using full poly so I dont want to take the chance for going any higher.

eyeball
05-31-2011, 06:46 PM
I would experiment with some lead tape strips around the 9/12/3 positions. and to counterbalance you could ad some lead tape either under the grip or replace it with a leather grip.

hoodjem
06-01-2011, 06:15 AM
I have an AG4D300 (very similar), and put 5 inches of lead a little above 3 and 9 running into 10 and 2, and also 3 inches at 12 o'clock.

BounceHitBounceHit
06-01-2011, 06:20 AM
I want to put lead to get it to about 11.6oz.......where should I put it.

Btw, I'm using full poly so I dont want to take the chance for going any higher.

I think this depends on what you aim to achieve in terms of static weight, balance, and SW. The TW Professor offers an excellent customization tool, and now there is an inexpensive iPhone/Android app to very accurately measure SW. So check the specs on your favorite frame(s) stock and start there-the TW too will tell you how much lead and where to acheive your new 'target specs'. By trial and error you will soon know your 'preferred set up', which can then be replicated on most any frame (assuming it is light enough stock to allow for customization) Good luck! BHBH

TennisCJC
06-02-2011, 08:40 AM
The racket without overgrip and without dampener weighs just under 11 oz. So, you are talking about increasing by .6 oz or just under 17 grams. I suggest you add 8 grams to the head and 9 grams under the handle. In the head try 3 grams at 3 o'clock, 3 grams at 9 o'clock and 2 at 12 o'clock. Put 9 grams under the handle - I would wrap it around the handle under the replacement grip with 5 grams near the butt and 4 grams about 7 inches up from the butt. The assumes you are not considering the dampener (usually 3-5 grams) and overgrips (usually around 5 grams). If you want the final wieght with dampener and overgrip to be 11.6 then reduce the lead tape according - maybe just 4 grams in the head (1.5 at 3/9 o'clock and 1 at 12 o'clock) with 4 grams on handle (2 at bottom and 2 at 7 inch line).

Use the TW worksheet or TW customization tool to confirm or adjust my suggestions.

I almost bought the bio 300. It is a very good racket. I would have added a bit of weight too. I think I would have gone with about 4-5 grams in head with 5 in handle to counterbalance.